Please, some suggestions about CD player
Apr 6, 2003 at 3:42 AM Post #16 of 32
Thanks a lot for the reply by ServinginEcuador. But I still feel it's too much for me, a poor PHD student to get a $250 cable. Could somebody give me a suggestion about the cable below $100? or you guys think there is no good choice for this price range?
Thanks a lot.

Apr 6, 2003 at 4:14 AM Post #17 of 32
Audioquest Diamondbacks - $75.00:

AQDIAa.jpg

Cardas 300B - $96.00:

CAR300B_000.jpg

Kimber PBJ - $72.00:

kkpbja.jpg

Straight Wire Encore II - $79.95

SWENI00_000.jpg

Outlaw PCA - $34.95

cables_mainimage_01.jpg

This should get you started. The prices are for a 0.5 meter pair from Audio Advisor and from Outlaw Audio.

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:27 AM Post #18 of 32
Thanks for all the replies, I just bought JMT's Arcam, still waiting for the CDP.
cool.gif

I think I will consider about the cable after I get both of the CDP and Corda HA-1, because I have to look at the distance between the two ports. I am thinking about the Cardas 300B. But it's $96 for only 0.5M, oh my god...
frown.gif

Another question is: is the cable like Cardas 300B a "paired" cable? I mean the CDP comes with 2 RCA analog connectors for left and right channel. And I am assuming the Corda HA-1 has 2 RCA analog inputs for the 2 channels. So is the "0.5M" cable" a "paired" cable or I have to buy 2 pieces of "0.5M" cables for 2 channels? I know this is a dumb question. sorry...
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:34 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by diablo9
Another question is: is the cable like Cardas 300B a "paired" cable? I mean the CDP comes with 2 RCA analog connectors for left and right channel. And I am assuming the Corda HA-1 has 2 RCA analog inputs for the 2 channels. So is the "0.5M" cable" a "paired" cable or I have to buy 2 pieces of "0.5M" cables for 2 channels? I know this is a dumb question. sorry...
rolleyes.gif

The only time that cable is sold singly (as a rule) is when its for 'digital' applications, for example running from a CD players digital output to a DAC... you'll notice that all of those cables are quoted as being either 75, or more rarely 110 ohm... steer clear of those
wink.gif

Pretty much all others should come in pairs
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #21 of 32
Oh, another question is: (sorry to have so many questions
biggrin.gif
)
are all the CDPs compatible with CD-R? For example, is Arcam CD72T compatible with CD-R? I am asking because I like to duplicate my CDs and sometime I would listen to CD-R to avoid the scratch on the original CD due to the frequent use.

everybody here are talking about the Hi-end stuffs, I was wondering if there is any B&M stores for this kind of stuffs. The stores like Crutchfield or GoodGuys are all mass-market dealers instead of HiFi carriers. So do you guys have any B&M stores that you can go for? otherwise there is no convenient way to evaluate those unfamiliar stuffs.

Apr 7, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #22 of 32
duncan : i had a look to these sony cdp-xeX70. Did you try the lower ones, 370 and 270 ? I looked at the website and the players of the line look strictly identical but for a few features like headphones jack (useless with an amp), cd-text, programs, remote and so on. The differences in price aren't huge and i'm wondering if there is really in difference in sound between the 570, 370, 270.

http://www.sony.be/view.x?prod=22458...tech&loc=en_BF
http://www.sony.be/view.x?prod=22459...tech&loc=en_BF

Apr 8, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by 00940
The differences in price aren't huge and i'm wondering if there is really in difference in sound between the 570, 370, 270.

I'd doubt that there's any practical sonic difference between these players, given that their published specs are identical.

Other than the absence of a digital coax output and perhaps their hardwired power cord, there's really very little to fault about these inexpensive players.

Admittedly, the sound from the CDP-XE370's analog-out does exhibit a tiny amount of digital grain, but that may not be a huge concern depending on the downstream components in use.

BTW, as far as I know, the CDP-XE570 isn't marketed in the US.

TravelLite

Apr 8, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #24 of 32
smily_headphones1.gif
Thank you so much for your nice response, yan sp!
It's such an interesting coincidence that we have almost the same system, I mean "would have"
wink.gif

Yes, I am also considering about the repalcement Cardas cable for HD600 and Cardas 300B IC.
Corda HA-2 is a great headamp but I would probably wait for the HA-1 MKII, I am still a poor student so I definitely would be more price sensitive than you.
frown.gif
But it would not stop my progress of pursuiting HiFi music.
cool.gif

Diablo9

Apr 8, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #25 of 32
try the music hall cd25.i've seen them for just over 400.00 new.you get hdcd,plus you can get different levels of upgrades done on it as your wallet grows.

Apr 8, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT

Audioquest Diamondbacks - $75.00:

Cardas 300B - $96.00:

Kimber PBJ - $72.00:

Straight Wire Encore II - $79.95

Outlaw PCA - $34.95

This should get you started. The prices are for a 0.5 meter pair from Audio Advisor and from Outlaw Audio.

Thanks JMT - I didn't really know where to start with interconnects until I saw this nice short-list
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #27 of 32
it's likely that JMT is sending it out tomorrow. I am so eager to get it..
wink.gif

Apr 10, 2003 at 9:26 PM Post #30 of 32
sure I will, but I have to wait for a couple of more weeks for the MKII headamp.
A new headfier is born,
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back