Please Help
May 11, 2019 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ubdi

New Head-Fier
I bought my AKG y50 somewhere 'round August 2018, and near April 2019 their cable was producing static when played with so I requested a warranty replacement.
I shipped them the cans and recieved physically damaged ones, upon contacting the customer service they are making me run in circles saying to send photos over and over again and then closing the case in the same day saying 'the product must have been shipped in physically or liquid damage state'.
I don't know what to do now

May 12, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 5
Stop buying AKG products.
Send an email to someone in AKG management tell them your really unhappy with their customer service.

May 12, 2019 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 5
But what about the pair I own now,
From where I live these are considered to be an high end product as if I am daft to even consider buying something so expensive.
I'll contact AKG management and see what they can do.

May 12, 2019 at 3:33 AM Post #4 of 5
I bought my AKG y50 somewhere 'round August 2018, and near April 2019 their cable was producing static when played with so I requested a warranty replacement.
I shipped them the cans and recieved physically damaged ones, upon contacting the customer service they are making me run in circles saying to send photos over and over again and then closing the case in the same day saying 'the product must have been shipped in physically or liquid damage state'.
I don't know what to do now

Sorry to hear about your troubles!
I don't know about India, but in europe there is a clear distinction between shippind damage and product damage.
Here in the EU, if the damage occured during the transport then I have to claim damages at the shipping company.

Couple of questions
Where did you buy?
Where did you claim the warranty? the seller or the manufacturer?
What was their initial response?
Where did the damage occur? On the way from your home to the seller/manufacturer? Or did they fix your problem, send them back and you received damaged phones?

I am wondering why a seller or manufacturer would send you a physically damaged pair of headphones.

I would try to figure out where the damage occured and open a claim with them. That could be the shipping company, the seller or the manufacturer.
The more photo documentation you have the better.

Good luck

May 12, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to hear about your troubles!
I don't know about India, but in europe there is a clear distinction between shippind damage and product damage.
Here in the EU, if the damage occured during the transport then I have to claim damages at the shipping company.

Couple of questions
Where did you buy?
Where did you claim the warranty? the seller or the manufacturer?
What was their initial response?
Where did the damage occur? On the way from your home to the seller/manufacturer? Or did they fix your problem, send them back and you received damaged phones?

I am wondering why a seller or manufacturer would send you a physically damaged pair of headphones.

I would try to figure out where the damage occured and open a claim with them. That could be the shipping company, the seller or the manufacturer.
The more photo documentation you have the better.

Good luck
Where did you buy? - harmanaudio.in(their official Indian website )
Where did you claim the warranty? the seller or the manufacturer? - I emailed harmanaudio.in
What was their initial response?- to courier the pair to them in the original packaging; the way I received them
Where did the damage occur? On the way from your home to the seller/manufacturer?
I really don't know. I guess on the way
Or did they fix your problem, send them back and you received damaged phones?
They claim to have received damaged ones.
the guy at customer service asked me to take pics in the packaging before shipping and I did but only one.

BTW thanks for taking the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back