Please Help!! shipping problem to Italy
Mar 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

ivanrocks321

1000+ Head-Fier
A buyer here on Head-Fi last month bough a headphone from me. it was shipped the 18th and has not arrived yet. I shipped via usps with only deliver confirmation (i know should have insured it, but it would have costed more than the item). Anyway the buyer is getting very impatient and want a refund unless it arrives in 20 days. My question is he gave me an address the said "via (some name) as the address, is this a proper address or some kind of abbreviation that they have in italy. If it is abbreviated can it be the source of this delay?

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 32
Yes. It sounds like a valid address. There are tons of "Via" streets. Via means "way" or "street" in Italian. Via Corsica, Via Paulo III, etc.

EDIT:

When I sent something to Italy a few years ago, it took almost 60 days to arrive.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 32
You have delivery confirmation, that proves you shipped it. Was it agreed upon as to who would take responsibility if something goes wrong in transit? With international shipping without guaranteed delivery schedule, I make that clear before shipping an item that the seller cannot be responsible for how long it takes to get there. If the buyer wants a guaranteed delivery schedule, have them pay for shipping that provides this - it's that simple. If they chose not to, that's their problem.

Mar 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #4 of 32
Via means Street

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Anyway the buyer is getting very impatient and want a refund unless it arrives in 20 days.

the buyer is a noob or a jerk. the italian postal system is imfamous for being horrible and slow.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #6 of 32
the transaction is thru paypal. Can i possibly get them on my side if it goes south from here? I did send it, but i know hoe paypal is too.

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ivanrocks321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the transaction is thru paypal. Can i possibly get them on my side if it goes south from here? I did send it, but i know hoe paypal is too.

Someone mentioned the italian post sucks. I am quite inclined to believe this.

M2tech Hiface from Italy (Pisa) to Austria post shipment took more than two weeks !.
(neighbouring countries !!)

So, tell your italian friend / buyer to lean back and wait...

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #10 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the buyer is a noob or a jerk. the italian postal system is imfamous for being horrible and slow.

Wow, like we couldnt live without your opinion of the OPs character?

That nasty comment was really not needed.
If youre not going to help, read rather than type please.

Lets have a friendly forum.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #11 of 32
i can't believe he's getting impatient lol, the guy should know, if he lives in italy how bad the postal service is there. it's beyond awful. it will take a long time most likely.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually i dont think its the italian postal system thats total poo but italian customs.

Italy and Austria are both in EU - i.e. no customs here. It took > 2weeks for a miniscule post shipment. This is kind a big poo for Europe in 21st century, huh ?

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, like we couldnt live without your opinion of the OPs character?

That nasty comment was really not needed.
If youre not going to help, read rather than type please.

Lets have a friendly forum.

the OP is the seller. my comment was directed at the impatient buyer in Italy.

Mar 26, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the OP is the seller. my comment was directed at the impatient buyer in Italy.

I dont know if the buyer is on Head-Fi or reads it, but its still not good to call anyone names on a public forum.
Yes ive called people worse, but i try not to say it on the forum, but im not gonna drag this out, i just didnt want everything to hit the fan.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back