Please help! Monster Trubine vs other IEMs ~$100 in terms of bass
May 19, 2011 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

KmK151

New Head-Fier
I'm in desperate need of new IEM's and would like something with great bass. I've read that the Monster Turbine's bass packs a decent punch but is there anything better out there for around $100? I listen to anything from industrial metal and trance to hip hop.

Thank you!!!

May 20, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #3 of 22
The bass on the 215 isn't nearly as good as the Turbine.  The mids are better however.  If you listen to hip hop/rap...the Turbines are as good as it gets around 100 bucks I think.  There are some other "less bass heavy" options like the Brianwavz M3 that are more well rounded than both of them.

May 21, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #9 of 22
Having owned the MT and the SE215 I would also say the SE215 while have less bass impact is the better IEM in midrange and soundstage and about equal in treble.

Out of the two IEM's I much prefer the SE215

May 22, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #11 of 22
Whatever you do, don't buy Beats. They are pure marketing and offer no value whatsoever. Bloated bass and lacklustre mids. Don't fall into the hype.

Check out the Fischer Audio Eterna V1 for amazing bass and a great musical experience. 

May 23, 2011 at 12:05 PM Post #12 of 22

Quote:
Whatever you do, don't buy Beats. They are pure marketing and offer no value whatsoever. Bloated bass and lacklustre mids. Don't fall into the hype.

Check out the Fischer Audio Eterna V1 for amazing bass and a great musical experience. 

Now that's a bit harsh on Beats. Even though they DO spend a lot of money on marketing, Refurbished Turbines are one of the best deals out there. At that price range, there aren't many better alternatives.

May 23, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #14 of 22

Quote:

Now that's a bit harsh on Beats. Even though they DO spend a lot of money on marketing, Refurbished Turbines are one of the best deals out there. At that price range, there aren't many better alternatives.

I think you're confusing the Beats line of headphones with the Monster brand. The Turbines are great and energetic IEMs and, apart from their looks, I don't have anything particularly harsh to say about them. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back