Please Help Me Choose Between. . . . . . . .
Jun 9, 2013 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Boeing777

New Head-Fier

These 4 Headphones which will be driven by Ipod Touch 2g which in turn will be connected to a CMOYbb Altoids with updated carbon circuit catering for Rock,Pop music.The 4 headphones in question are:-

1.Ultrasone HFI 680.

2.German Maestro GMP 8.35D.

3.Beyerdynamic DT770.

4.Sennheiser PX 360.

I am looking for comfort,lightweight and portability.I'd appreciate any opinions i know this subject has been done to death but please bear with Me Gents(And Ladies if there any on these excellent forums)as this subject is driving Me nuts!!!!!Thankyou in advance & wishing You all a super Sunday.

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #2 of 10

Thankyou everyone for the overwhelming replies 24 hours and 18 views ahh well perhaps My face doesn't fit or i'm not in the In crowd.Anyway i purchased Sennheiser Amperiors at an amazing price from an Authorized UK Seller.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Thankyou everyone for the overwhelming replies 24 hours and 18 views ahh well perhaps My face doesn't fit or i'm not in the In crowd.Anyway i purchased Sennheiser Amperiors at an amazing price from an Authorized UK Seller.

Congratulations on your new amperiors 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 10
Jun 11, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 10
I dont know what really matters to you. bass, mids, highs. Dry or warm. Lush or shrill. For portability I would go with none of the ones you mentioned. For light weight I would go with the sennheiser.

But sound... the only one you mentioned for sound would be between the dt770 and the german maestro gmp 8.35 d.

The thing you might not like about the Maestro. is the cord it is pretty heavy and bulky but it is short and very sturdy. If portability means that you will take it everwhere and you dont want it to break then the Maestro will outlast any headphone you ever buy PERIOD.

For Sound The Maestro literally slays the rest in my opinion in every category. It has a very  good sound. Compared to the dt 770 it is more full but just as detailed. The bass extension is a very deep but its not super bassy. With a budget fiio e11 that thing will rumble without distorting. You can play it loud without worrying about breaking them.

The dt770 is a great headphone in itself but its lifespan isnt nearly as long. It also has what I would call a simple sound to it. Kinda polite with a v-shape with neutral bass. Not really a hp for pop but more for professional use. Some may call it a fun listen because it has a slight bass emphasis but its nowhere near a basshead can. The midrange (vocals pianos, synths) arent that great. You can ccok these pretty easily.

My choice is the very slept on Maestro 8.35d hands down. I even prefer its sound quality to the philips l1  I just wouldnt say its portable because it isnt that small but it can take a beating. That would go to a hp like amperior or v-moda. If you play rock on the dt770 you will probably be dissapointed.

havent heard ultrasone yet.

Jun 12, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
I dont know what really matters to you. bass, mids, highs. Dry or warm. Lush or shrill. For portability I would go with none of the ones you mentioned. For light weight I would go with the sennheiser.

But sound... the only one you mentioned for sound would be between the dt770 and the german maestro gmp 8.35 d.

The thing you might not like about the Maestro. is the cord it is pretty heavy and bulky but it is short and very sturdy. If portability means that you will take it everwhere and you dont want it to break then the Maestro will outlast any headphone you ever buy PERIOD.

For Sound The Maestro literally slays the rest in my opinion in every category. It has a very  good sound. Compared to the dt 770 it is more full but just as detailed. The bass extension is a very deep but its not super bassy. With a budget fiio e11 that thing will rumble without distorting. You can play it loud without worrying about breaking them.

The dt770 is a great headphone in itself but its lifespan isnt nearly as long. It also has what I would call a simple sound to it. Kinda polite with a v-shape with neutral bass. Not really a hp for pop but more for professional use. Some may call it a fun listen because it has a slight bass emphasis but its nowhere near a basshead can. The midrange (vocals pianos, synths) arent that great. You can ccok these pretty easily.

My choice is the very slept on Maestro 8.35d hands down. I even prefer its sound quality to the philips l1  I just wouldnt say its portable because it isnt that small but it can take a beating. That would go to a hp like amperior or v-moda. If you play rock on the dt770 you will probably be dissapointed.

havent heard ultrasone yet.

Hi My friend and thankyou for the reply i have gone with the Amperiors as i purchased them at a fabulous price from a Sennheiser Official stockist i should recieve My amp today as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back