Please help! I need guidance!
Oct 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mamjad

New Head-Fier
My little brother's birthday is coming up (age 13) and I know he wants headphones.  I'm just so clueless as to what is the best option for him because I have never payed much attention to that type of technology (nerdy chemist here).  He listens to dubstep and "hipster" music.  He's interested in creating some beats as well I think. Currently he has some 20$ headphones that recently broke. I know he has tried Skullcandy SCS-SCBP3.5 Skullcrushers Subwoofer Stereo Headphones and liked them and has tried beats studio at bestbuy and really liked them. I'm not sure if I should buy him beats because they are so expensive and don't seem like they will last. As far as the skullcandy, I'm not sure if they are that great since they were only 30$.   I prefer to pay 100-200$ but want him to have good headphones rather than flashy mediocre headphones. Remember he is only turning 14.  Any guidance or assitance will be greatly appreciated. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 6
Okay okay this is like my third time rewriting this post... Finally I found the V-Moda Crossfade LP that seems to fit your or his rather needs. .
I copied this description off complex.com because I'm not a very good writer and you probably won't take my word for it.

[size=2em]

[size=2em] V-Moda Crossfade LP

[/size]

Price: $200, V-moda.com

V-Moda's styling isn't for everyone. We know. Its sound, on the other hand, should appeal to every last one of you. Though some found them a bit heavy, the Crossfade's are comfortable during long stretches. Packed inside each metal-clad ear cup is a  Dual-Diaphragm High-Definition Driver for excellent, even sound. They're durable, too. We've dropped ours multiple times, spilled water on 'em, and they still rock. Another plus: the Kevlar cord (with built-in three-button remote and mic) that never gets tangled. 
[/size]
[size=2em] [/size]Looking at it, it seems perfect for your brother; extremely durable, stylish, and even has a mic. For some reason I couldn't directly insert the image so the picture is at this Link

Good luck and happy birthday to your bro.

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Code:
With your budget, the v moda crossfade lp's might be a good option. Showing at $199 in US Amazon store and they're pretty solid..should be able to take the abuse from a 14 year old. They look pretty cool too.

They have a video on YouTube, just do a search for it, it shows them being flung around, prodded & stretched without any harm to them.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Code:
Code:
With your budget, the v moda crossfade lp's might be a good option. Showing at $199 in US Amazon store and they're pretty solid..should be able to take the abuse from a 14 year old. They look pretty cool too.
They have a video on YouTube, just do a search for it, it shows them being flung around, prodded & stretched without any harm to them.

... Just... Just really -_- I SAID THAT.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 6
Thank you so much for your suggestions. I gave my brother an option between the v moda and audio technica ath m50. He picked the audio technica ath m50.  He's so excited to get them. Thanks again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back