Please help a complete novice choose headphones for classical music
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #16 of 18
Coming a bit late in the thread, as it seems the thread starter reached a decision, but here is my 2c nevertheless: I own the HD598Cs close to a year now.
I use them every day in the office with a CEntrance DACMini DAC/Amp connected to my laptop. A large part of my music is classical (FLAC, ripped from CDs).
I like these closed back cans very much. They are the most comfortable headphones that I have ever worn.
And the sound is very smooth and enjoyable for a 150 euros headphone (the CEntrance helps of course).

Oct 6, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #17 of 18
I'd love to hear what you think of them. Maybe do a brief follow-up post once you've had a chance to use them?

Hey, sorry it's been so long.

I put off replying to you because tbh I was disappointed with the headphones (I wasn't expecting anything miraculous at that price point but they were just lacking)

All the detail was there but it wasn't very clear, especially in places with a lot of texture and moving parts.

BUT I did some digging on head-fi and last week I took the plunge and ordered a portable amp, bc I figured if it didn't make a difference I could just return it and get a refund.

Went for the FiiO A3 and there was instantly a noticeable difference, not just with volume but also with detail and clarity (very important qualities for a classical fan).

I'm not knowledgeable enough to do an actual review but I will say I'm exceptionally pleased with the combination of the headphones, the amp and downloading my Spotify playlists at the extreme quality setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back