Please describe Beyer T1 vs HD800 as concisely as you can.
Jun 17, 2010 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
The T1 has a few issues for me 'as is', so I am doing the obvious Head-Fi thing and wondering if the HD800 is a better fit, as the only plausible alternative to the Beyer.

However, reading about the Senn in multiple posts, and reconciling the posted member's opinions against their views of other phones I owned, the HD800 begins to resemble a Qualia 010 in almost all respects. And a mini-or-almost-Qualia is *definitely* not what I want. And I'm not really into making more redundant purchases.

Could someone with direct personal experience describe the differences between the phones as concisely as possible?

Jun 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Concisely (my opinions):

The HD800s have a thinner-bodied (though not overly thin) sound.  They have a treble response that is brighter than what I would call neutral.  The bass extension is fantastic, and the bass quantity is about what I would call neutral.  They are highly resolving, though slightly less punchy and more laid-back.  Best suited for classical.

The T1s have a somewhat euphonic, fuller-bodied sound.  They have a very smooth treble response, about what I would call neutral.  The bass extension is close to the HD800s but doesn't extend quite as far (very small difference).  The bass is stronger than the HD800s, a little stronger than neutral.  They are also highly resolving, and they are punchier and more forward / aggressive than the HD800s.  Best suited for rock, especially classic rock.

The mids on both headphones are outstanding, very smooth and transparent, but I tend to prefer the mids of the T1s for reasons I can't put my finger on.  It may be that the slightly stronger mid-bass on the T1s gives vocals a slightly fuller-bodied sound.

I have no experience with the Qualia, so I can't help you there.

What in particular do you find problematic with the T1s?

Jun 17, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Concisely (my opinions):

The HD800s have a thinner-bodied (though not overly thin) sound.  They have a treble response that is brighter than what I would call neutral.  The bass extension is fantastic, and the bass quantity is about what I would call neutral.  They are highly resolving, though slightly less punchy and more laid-back.  Best suited for classical.

The T1s have a somewhat euphonic, fuller-bodied sound.  They have a very smooth treble response, about what I would call neutral.  The bass extension is close to the HD800s but doesn't extend quite as far (very small difference).  The bass is stronger than the HD800s, a little stronger than neutral.  They are also highly resolving, and they are punchier and more forward / aggressive than the HD800s.  Best suited for rock, especially classic rock.

The mids on both headphones are outstanding, very smooth and transparent, but I tend to prefer the mids of the T1s for reasons I can't put my finger on.  It may be that the slightly stronger mid-bass on the T1s gives vocals a slightly fuller-bodied sound.

I have no experience with the Qualia, so I can't help you there.

What in particular do you find problematic with the T1s?

can you also compare your T1 to you LA7000?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back