Please delete this thread
Nov 17, 2022 at 2:37 AM Post #46 of 75

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #47 of 75
I used to trust cheapaudioman, when i was looking at his video about the Topping E30 he said it was a great dac blablabla. Then when he did a DAC tier list he listed the E30 as one of the worst dacs he's ever heard and put it in the F tier. Surprise, Surprise the topping E30 video where he praised it the unit was given to him by a shop and there was like a 4min intro to it where he just praises the audio shop and how its a great company and the owner is a great guy blablabla! I have time stamped the tier video so you can hear what he has to say about it without watching the whole video.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #48 of 75

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #49 of 75
Cheapaudioman makes my skin crawl. He's the guy that made this video. And then later went on to say that he thought he heard a difference between audio cables.

Nov 21, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #51 of 75
Cheapaudioman makes my skin crawl. He's the guy that made this video. And then later went on to say that he thought he heard a difference between audio cables.
"The scientific audiophile" I linked before in this thread has dedicated a video to Cheap audio man... :relieved:

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #52 of 75
"The scientific audiophile" I linked before in this thread has dedicated a video to Cheap audio man... :relieved:
Oh! I'll watch that over breakfast then, thanks.

Nov 22, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #53 of 75

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #54 of 75
Many of these youtube reviewers are easily bribed by the chifi brands.

"Oh heres a free sample, please review. If we like the review next time we will send another free sample to review"

I think its best to just watch their videos as entertainment and always keep in the back of your mind that they are being bribed.

Its funny when you look at ASR trashing audio-gd, because they only go by measurements, their brains are too simple to understand the design of the product. Like trying to measure the picture quality of a TV with an infrared camera. Its a red flag when website owner demands free samples and donations from both members and manufacturers.

Nov 22, 2022 at 1:39 AM Post #55 of 75
If creating a you tube channel for audio reviews didn’t look so much like work I’d be all over that free gear.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:53 AM Post #56 of 75

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #57 of 75

"Oh heres a free sample, please review. If we like the review next time we will send another free sample to review"

I think its best to just watch their videos as entertainment and always keep in the back of your mind that they are being bribed.

Its funny when you look at ASR trashing audio-gd, because they only go by measurements, their brains are too simple to understand the design of the product. Like trying to measure the picture quality of a TV with an infrared camera. Its a red flag when website owner demands free samples and donations from both members and manufacturers.
Bribefi ?

Nov 25, 2022 at 2:56 AM Post #58 of 75

Its funny when you look at ASR trashing audio-gd, because they only go by measurements, their brains are too simple to understand the design of the product.

I think it's worse than that. Audio-gd doesn't provide review samples as far as I know, so there is no financial incentive for audioscientologists to say anything good, rather the knee-jerk response has always been to vilify any company or person who dares to disagree or sells anything that costs more than 100 bucks on aliexpress, unless it's one of those two brands. Really, it's a degeneration of the armchair dragracing we used to do in the 1970s. We were kids, we couldn't afford top fuel dragsters. So read the specs (also not independently verified :wink: ) and ran the races over coke and potato chips. Here too, they never actually listen to anything because it's not about the music, it's about the numbers. And they help sell a lot of cheap crap to unsuspecting n00bs who are then too embarassed to admit that it is crap. Crap build, crap sound, etc. It must be great, because the priest of audioscientology declared it is! Haha you idiots, you spend thousands for DACs and amps, my 150 dollar system is better than your overpriced crap. 118 dB S/N and 0.001% THD? My DAC has 125 dB S/N and 0.0001% THD and 350mw at 16 ohms is more than you'll ever need, lusers...

Yeaaaaaaaah :wink:

Nov 25, 2022 at 6:23 AM Post #59 of 75

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #60 of 75
Are we still being scammed
😏

Anyway, ASR's not the devil. People are idiots, they'll take any good idea and run it into the ground.

I am burnt-out on chi-fi though. Now the coaxial output on my topping m50 has crapped itself. I don't even care, I'm worn out with it. I just want things to work lol. I just want to relax and not stress out over the latest malfunction. Tired of chinese stuff that can't stay functional for more than a week or a month. Not even gonna bother addressing it, just running optical now. Just optical and usb. Whateverandever.

The stuff I'm looking at these days might not cost thousands of dollars, but it should be reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back