PlayStation-Fi
Jul 1, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #181 of 259
MGS4 does but GTA 4 doesn't.

Jul 1, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #182 of 259
If your psp is messed up, consider finding someone with a pandora battery (or buy it). Then install custom firmware, and never look back.

Jul 1, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #183 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your psp is messed up, consider finding someone with a pandora battery (or buy it). Then install custom firmware, and never look back.

Speaking of that...I have a bricked PSP laying around just collecting dust for over a year now. I've been doing research on the pandora battery and you can either buy it or make it yourself. Youtube is loaded with videos on this subject.

I've had my 60gb PS3 ever since launch (yes I did camp out with a buddy of mines) and it's still going strong. I've been playing GTAIV and just bought MGS4. I have my PS3 hooked to my 52" Sony XBR5 and it's a match made in heaven. I used it mainly for Bluray and have never gone back to DVD's. It also helps that I have a Netflix account- ever since PS3's release I have never rented a DVD, it's been Bluray ever since. I also have never had any problems with my PS3.

Jul 2, 2008 at 12:43 AM Post #185 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Omega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I threw away my PSP early this year ! So I didn't get to play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

Too bad, it is a great compliment to the PS3. Using remote play is awesome.

Jul 2, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #188 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by choomanchoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Firmware 2.4 is out,

Sony's version of the gamerstag is sooo stupid; Xbox Live is way ahead. But the only problem is xbox live isn't free, so I guess you get what you pay for. I own all the consoles right now (ds, psp, wii, xbox360, ps3) and I think the 360 is the best for serious gamers. This firmware is nice, but it's not even close to the feature rich Live!

Sorry had to rant, I was really looking forward to this firmware update, but it's nothing major.

Jul 2, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #189 of 259
I have a PS1 and a PS2...
I really want a PS3 so I'll probably buy one when I get my summer work cash $$

Jul 2, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #191 of 259
Quote:

Originally Posted by rx7_fan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony's version of the gamerstag is sooo stupid; Xbox Live is way ahead. But the only problem is xbox live isn't free, so I guess you get what you pay for. I own all the consoles right now (ds, psp, wii, xbox360, ps3) and I think the 360 is the best for serious gamers. This firmware is nice, but it's not even close to the feature rich Live!

Sorry had to rant, I was really looking forward to this firmware update, but it's nothing major.

But can it play BluRay? Didn't think so..
wink.gif

Xbox 360 is one of the few machines I don't own. However, I am not a serious gamer.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:47 AM Post #193 of 259
Quote:

I threw away my PSP early this year ! So I didn't get to play Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops.

You weren't missing out much, it was decent but nowhere as good as the console versions.

I never understood the whole hoopla over trophies/achievements/e-wang-ism. It's more important to me (particularly in Sony's case) to increase quality third-party support, and I don't mean just "saying" they will.

Oh yeah, when the hell is that damn white PS3 with DS3 coming stateside?!! ARGH!!!

Jul 9, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #194 of 259
Firmware 2.41 is out now. I personally had no problems installing 2.40. But 2.41 suppose to fix the problem for all the .5% people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back