Play.com selling ER-4P for £80
Mar 7, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #46 of 61
Since someone asked: I have a pair of HF5 currently and I don't think that the ER4P are worth much extra cash over the HF5, sonically alone. This said, the ER4 are built much better, use better materials, and will last much longer. I'd have surely bought a pair for 80£ if I didn't miss the thread.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #47 of 61
You can still order them at that price, they're just out of stock Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Etymotic Research ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones

Quote:

Originally Posted by arj154 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my estimate is the 12th-15th too and i have a feeling it'll be delivered on the wednesday or thursday, it always happens like that for me.

Except I'm in Dublin
wink.gif

Can't wait to hear Radiohead on them.

Mar 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #48 of 61
L3000.gif
Hmm i am exited ! How do the ety sound with metal and rock ? I liked the HF5 sound signature so i am guessing these will be similar !

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can still order them at that price, they're just out of stock Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: Etymotic Research ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones

Except I'm in Dublin
wink.gif

Can't wait to hear Radiohead on them.

One of the first albums I listened to when I got my ER4Ps was 'In Rainbows', as its a favourite of mine. Was totally blown away. Wait till you hear 'Nude'!!

Man, you're in for a treat.

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennyboy71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the first albums I listened to when I got my ER4Ps was 'In Rainbows', as its a favourite of mine. Was totally blown away. Wait till you hear 'Nude'!!

Man, you're in for a treat.

Will it be as good as the first time I listened to In Rainbows on my AD700s?
L3000.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by amazon.uk
Delivery estimate: 24 Mar 2010 - 30 April 2010

Quote:

Mine is March 12 - 15th
biggrin.gif

This is so typical.
Extra 12-15 days for delivery to Germany ........
tongue_smile.gif

I mean, within 12 days I could cycle the 300 miles to the coast, swim through the english channel, pick the Etys up myself, swim back and spend a few days at my favourite belgian holiday resort De Haan on the way back.

Seriously, those amazon delivery estimates are worth nothing.

Mar 8, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #54 of 61
You don't look here for a couple of days and look what happens - £140 now! And this after the $99 Triple Fi that I thought a fellow member was selling me at that time only for them to change their mind and sell them to someone in the US instead. Then my local HMV didn't have the Klipsch X5 or X10 at the reduced £79 and £99 recently.

Not to mention the RadioPaq Jazz deal that ran out of stock before my order could be fufilled at Christmas time.

No luck!

Mar 8, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by murfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't look here for a couple of days and look what happens - £140 now! And this after the $99 Triple Fi that I thought a fellow member was selling me at that time only for them to change their mind and sell them to someone in the US instead. Then my local HMV didn't have the Klipsch X5 or X10 at the reduced £79 and £99 recently.

Not to mention the RadioPaq Jazz deal that ran out of stock before my order could be fufilled at Christmas time.

No luck!

Don't miss out on the Klipsch X1 then
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #56 of 61
just got them today and they're great! They are lacking in bass however I've been using the s4's for a couple days so that could be the problem.

Mar 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #57 of 61
I use mine with the same player to achieve my own personal sonic bliss, and I have yet to find a better IEM to match with my Sony A818 FWIW...

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wonder if these would suit my sony a818.
unlike the se420's i just sent back?

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Will it be as good as the first time I listened to In Rainbows on my AD700s?
L3000.gif

I'll answer that now ... YES ;D

table.png

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:57 PM Post #60 of 61
Got mine today and started listening. All I can say is that I'm sure how people can say they don't have enough bass, sure it's less that my 650s but it sure is there and these have about 20mins or so burn in.
Really happy, I finally have a "audiophile" worthy EDC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back