Planar Wars 2022: LETSHOUER S12 Vs 7Hz Crinacle Dioko Vs Tin HiFi P1 Max
Oct 14, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #46 of 60
are the letshoure S12 pros any different from the normal letshoure S12.

Reports suggest that there is no significant change in the sound. The Pro just comes in a new color and includes a modular cable.

also how different are planars from something like the moondrop arias

Planar has its own kind of sound. It’s a timber thing. It’s hard to describe but you know it when you hear it. Also, in times past planar headphones were pretty exotic and the options were limited. Now there are lots of different choices. Hybrid, pure planar, full sized planar cans… So many that we’re reaching a point where you can pick and choose amongst them for tuning.

The S12 (any version) would be a great place to start with planar magnetic IEMs.

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #47 of 60
The S12 (any version) would be a great place to start with planar magnetic IEMs.
Brilliant suggestion man. S12 is in my top-three planars along with Talos and Hook-X.

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #49 of 60
Yep. I have the S12 and the Hook-X too. I really like both, though I tend to listen to the Hook-X more.
Have you tried the Talos? It's kind of the best of both worlds. The only thing that keeps it from being the very best would be its little lean bass. Other than that, kinda perfect!!

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #50 of 60
Have you tried the Talos? It's kind of the best of both worlds. The only thing that keeps it from being the very best would be its little lean bass. Other than that, kinda perfect!!

Not yet. It’s high on my list though. It was up next but I ended up going for the Zetian Wu because I got a good deal on it and then the Penon Fan 2 snuck in too. But I’ll get to the Talos for sure. If nothing else it has the best shell design I’ve seen in a very long time.

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #51 of 60
Oct 15, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #52 of 60
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:15 AM Post #53 of 60
First (?) proper review of the Akoustyx S-6 (after what, 5+ months?):

Feb 1, 2023 at 3:37 AM Post #56 of 60
How is the isolation on the S6 and have you tried playing around with EQ on them?
I asked Akoustyx about Noise Attenuation and thier responds was: "The noise attenuation as measured under ASTM guidelines for urban noise levels, the S6 with the proper fitting in-ear silicon or memory foam, can reduce up to 34dB. "

That is pretty good for a travel/office/commute planar in my book.

Now I am just curious how it responds to EQ, most planar fairs well with EQ - could be a cool addition.
Might need to pick up a pair.

Feb 23, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #57 of 60
Hello!

I have the tinaudio P1 (plain) and the anemic bass doesnt do It for me to be honest. I aso miss some crunchyness in distorted guitars at time. I listen to metalcore and tons of prog.

S12? Hook X? The p1 max?

Which is the way to go? How much happier will I be compared to the P1?

How could I sell the P1? I am based in Czech Republic and Italy (i travel)

Thanks

Feb 27, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #58 of 60
Hello!
My original p1 lacks bass and I need something else (they are up to sale too, if anyone is interested, Europe better)

In my basket I have: letshuoer S12 (looking for energy and crispness and bass for metalcore mainly, and djent metal) and possibly another Warmer more relaxed sound I have ie200 from Senns, final audio e3000 and the aria (dont know which version to get)

What do you think? Is in my basket something I dont need to purchase?

Feb 27, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #59 of 60
I mean I would take this advice with a grain of salt as I avoid metalcore/prog, but I mostly listen to death/black metal which is close enough I guess. S12 were way too aggressive for me out of the box, like unlistenable bright when I would run death metal thru them, but they have performed quite well with non-aggressive music. But they could be a solid choice if you are not against using EQ. E3000 on the other hand were way too warm and bloated, not even warm, they were on the "dark" territory already. I remember comparing Mele (famous budget warm set) with E3000 and the latter were just a low end overkill. But who knows, maybe you have different preferences and both would work well for you. I have owned Aria’s as well in the past, its an inoffensive signature, but I definitely wouldn't call it warm, maybe even in the neutral-bright territory.

For a budget warmer set I would look into some sub 100$ HBB collabs, the Mele is gone, but I heard good things about the HBB Kai’s as a Mele alternative. Maybe even the "TRI I3 PRO", that one is on my "to try" list as well. When it comes to energetic/bright stuff, no idea, I avoid that scene like a plague, way too fatiguing with anything "metal".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back