Planar Wars 2022: LETSHOUER S12 Vs 7Hz Crinacle Dioko Vs Tin HiFi P1 Max
Aug 3, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #16 of 60
I have the S12, the Muse Power, the Dioko, the Hook-X and the P1 Max.

At the moment I’d rate them:

S12
Hook-X
P1 Max
Dioko
Muse Power

The S12 is the most resolving and has the thickest bass.

The Hook-X is the best tuned with excellent timber and tone. It’s also the most unique in terms of sound stage and instrument placement. It presents an exceptionally lively representation of instruments.

The P1 Max sounds the most like a dynamic driver of this group. It has more thump and slam than the S12 in the bass section. It also has a nice forward mid section and subdued but detailed treble.

The Dioko is kind of a sleeper. At first it seemed too mids focused and lacking in overall energy. But after about 60-70 hours of run-in they’ve taken on a much smoother and energetic sound. This is by far the flattest sounding set of the group. It isn’t reference due to the clearly elevated sub-bass and upper mids but they sound the most like a studio monitor to me. They’re less “fun” than the others but more accurate in terms of detail.

The Muse Power has excellent bass and mids but the treble is confounding. It has a sharp, glaring tone and it has a weird scoop that leaves the high end sounding kind of hollow generally. I’m inclined to try the Kirin at some point since it appears to have a better tuned version of the same driver Muse is using.

As far as personal preference I’d say that it’s a dead heat between the S12 and the Hook-X. The S12 is just a fantastic performer across the board. It’s rich and responsive and can handle just about anything you play through it. The Hook-X lacks the raw technicality of the S12 but it’s a singularly unique sounding set. It has a visceral, less detailed but more emotional quality that isn’t present in the others and it excels at creating a large, 3D soundscape of sharply defined instruments.

My two cents in the planar war so far.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #17 of 60
I have the S12, the Muse Power, the Dioko, the Hook-X and the P1 Max.

At the moment I’d rate them:

S12
Hook-X
P1 Max
Dioko
Muse Power

The S12 is the most resolving and has the thickest bass.

The Hook-X is the best tuned with excellent timber and tone. It’s also the most unique in terms of sound stage and instrument placement. It presents an exceptionally lively representation of instruments.

The P1 Max sounds the most like a dynamic driver of this group. It has more thump and slam than the S12 in the bass section. It also has a nice forward mid section and subdued but detailed treble.

The Dioko is kind of a sleeper. At first it seemed too mids focused and lacking in overall energy. But after about 60-70 hours of run-in they’ve taken on a much smoother and energetic sound. This is by far the flattest sounding set of the group. It isn’t reference due to the clearly elevated sub-bass and upper mids but they sound the most like a studio monitor to me. They’re less “fun” than the others but more accurate in terms of detail.

The Muse Power has excellent bass and mids but the treble is confounding. It has a sharp, glaring tone and it has a weird scoop that leaves the high end sounding kind of hollow generally. I’m inclined to try the Kirin at some point since it appears to have a better tuned version of the same driver Muse is using.

As far as personal preference I’d say that it’s a dead heat between the S12 and the Hook-X. The S12 is just a fantastic performer across the board. It’s rich and responsive and can handle just about anything you play through it. The Hook-X lacks the raw technicality of the S12 but it’s a singularly unique sounding set. It has a visceral, less detailed but more emotional quality that isn’t present in the others and it excels at creating a large, 3D soundscape of sharply defined instruments.

My two cents in the planar war so far.
I agree with your thoughts sir. I have no experience with Hook-X but your words make me wanna try it badly hehe.

Aug 16, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #18 of 60
Any suggestion for a dac/dongle for salnotes dioko with my oneplus 9r phone.i use 3.5 mm under 100 usd. i like warm sound with wide soundstage.

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #19 of 60
Any suggestion for a dac/dongle for salnotes dioko with my oneplus 9r phone.i use 3.5 mm under 100 usd. i like warm sound with wide soundstage.
use something powerful, because Dioko doesn't sound good with normal sources. I would suggest Lotoo Paw S1 at the very Least. Or maybe try out the FiiO KA3.

Aug 16, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #20 of 60
use something powerful, because Dioko doesn't sound good with normal sources. I would suggest Lotoo Paw S1 at the very Least. Or maybe try out the FiiO KA3.
Thanks @gadgetgod ..appreciate it

Aug 26, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #21 of 60
Rapt Go Hook X Joins my arsenal guys!! Thanks to Concept Kart for the sweet deal will post my impressions tomorrow. Honetly the pair has surprisingly good bass response for an open back set!!

raptgo.jpg

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #24 of 60
I have the z12 and HookX, definitely more of a Hooker man myself :p but both do slam real gud on the lows.
Would agree with this, HookX has a surprisingly good lower end. You don't expect such meaty presentation from an open back.

Aug 27, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #25 of 60
Some Initial Thoughts on the Rapt Go Hook-X!!
Raptogo latest.jpg

Got myself the Raptgo Planar Hybrid IEM yesterday night. So far so good, had spent a few hours only so far, I would say the bass impresses me the most since it's open-back I was expecting meh bass but the pair surprises in that department. Secondly, Hook X has got a clean presentation, the transient speed is quick, and the overall performance feels quite musical. Initially, I feel like the sound from Hook-X has got a better body than the S12, but S12 feels a bit faster in comparison. These are just my initial thoughts since I have spent only a few hours with the set yet!!

Ah forgot to add, the shell size is a little on the bigger side, so fit might be a concern for some people.

Aug 31, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #26 of 60
Been listening to the Rapt Go Tonight after many days(I have been unwell, got hit with viral fever, still under recovery). Man I absolutely love this IEM, it's like it hits the absolutely right boxes for my personal listening preferences.

Spacious, Well-Detailed, Powerful, and Lively, are just some words that depict my subjective opinion on the Rapt Go Hook X!!

1661977426142.png

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #27 of 60
Got the Fiio KA3 and I am really digging.. but a bit bright for my taste , nevertheless happy with the purchase and experience..thx @gadgetgod .. need to try out 4.4 mm out next

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #28 of 60
Got the Fiio KA3 and I am really digging.. but a bit bright for my taste , nevertheless happy with the purchase and experience..thx @gadgetgod .. need to try out 4.4 mm out next
Yeah the KA3 is a little brittle in the treble but has good amounts of power to feed your Dioko well.

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:15 AM Post #29 of 60
Been listening to the Rapt Go Tonight after many days(I have been unwell, got hit with viral fever, still under recovery). Man I absolutely love this IEM, it's like it hits the absolutely right boxes for my personal listening preferences.

Spacious, Well-Detailed, Powerful, and Lively, are just some words that depict my subjective opinion on the Rapt Go Hook X!!

1661977426142.png
Nice! That cable though...🤮

Sep 1, 2022 at 4:18 AM Post #30 of 60
Nice! That cable though...🤮
Exactly my thoughts. The cable suck balls. Main issue is not the color, it's the crap modular connector, it just comes out if I stretch the cable a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back