Planar Magnetic Headphone Safety Concern
Sep 7, 2012 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I am quite new with this Planar Magnetic technology headphones. Do they have any effect to human health?
Anyone know how strong their magnetic field will be? Thanks!

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #3 of 30
There's actually lots of ongoing debate about how magnetic fields affect human health in cases of long term exposure. Everything with any measurable physical properties has SOME effect on human health. However if you do an hour or two of googling you'll find that the only apparent consensus is that those effects require really massive exposure & that we don't seem to know much other than that.

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:
Hi,

I am quite new with this Planar Magnetic technology headphones. Do they have any effect to human health?

Heya,

It's known to cause tumors over time.

Only true audiophiles willing to risk death will use them.

Very best,

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:
Heya,

Very best,

This!

Awesome.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #6 of 30
Heya,

Very best,

Time to put up my HE400 for sale.

$50, first PM gets it!

DED SERIOS

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #7 of 30
It's like putting cell phone on your head everyday isn't it?
I read somewhere the most recent study said that the eletric field generated by cellphone have tiny almost to none that can affect human health in long term.
So my educated guess to your answer is no.

Sep 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #8 of 30
Quote:
Hi,

"Regular" dynamic headphones also have strong magnets in them.  IEM's have magnets you actually put INSIDE your ear!

If you are frightened of magnetic fields, I suggest you move to Mars.  Earth has a substantial magnetic field.  Mars does not.

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 30
magnets? i don't thing so
i would guess its about 1000X more likely (or maybe 1000000X) to suffer from sound related damage than magnet/electromagnet related damage

hope this helps^^

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 30
I wear one of these to protect against any harmful magnetic rays.

Such Airy Highs...

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:27 AM Post #13 of 30
It's like putting cell phone on your head everyday isn't it?
I read somewhere the most recent study said that the eletric field generated by cellphone have tiny almost to none that can affect human health in long term.

Of course they will say that. If people found out that cell phones cause brain tumors, the whole economy would collapse. Yet all they seem to worry about is smoking and kids being obese. Those are the least of our worries. The fastest growing diseases in Western society today are stupidity and lack of common sense.

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:
There's actually lots of ongoing debate about how magnetic fields affect human health in cases of long term exposure. Everything with any measurable physical properties has SOME effect on human health. However if you do an hour or two of googling you'll find that the only apparent consensus is that those effects require really massive exposure & that we don't seem to know much other than that.

Except that the Earth's magnetic field is quite a bit stronger than that of a pair of headphones!  By at least a few orders of magnitude.

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:21 PM Post #15 of 30
Quote:
I've read an article before about cellphone and magnetic signal. The said signal on cellphone have it's little effect to the human health and I'm worried that the magnetic signal on that headphones have also an effect to human health.

--------------------------------------------
sennheiser australia

Whatever you do, don't read a geology or cosmology book. You will probably stroke out.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back