Places to demo headphones in Toronto?
Sep 7, 2007 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

monolith

Headphoneus Supremus
I've been reading a lot about people going to local stores and trying all kinds of different headphones lately. In a city as large as Toronto, there have to be at least a few places that have some of the major contenders out to demo. Having read so much about all the choices available, I'd really like to get a first hand feel for some of them.

I'm thinking Bay Bloor Radio will have some, and I'm going to drop by there tomorrow afternoon, but they're pretty limited, I think.

So basically, if anyone knows some places that have a substantial inventory of headphones I can demo, let me know. I'm eager to hear. Thanks.

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 11
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35
wink.gif

I know, but I asked if someone knew about retail stores with demo units out to try. I joined here just too late to catch the Toronto Meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bay Bloor Radio has a nice wall, you'll like it, plus catch a film at the Toronto International Film Festival while you're already so close to Yorkville
icon10.gif

That's good to know. I've been meaning to get to there for a while now. I'm downtown pretty much every day for work or UofT, so there isn't really an excuse.

Might you be the guy I saw on the train once a couple weeks ago with what looked like X3s and watching something on a portable video player?
tongue.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know, but I asked if someone knew about retail stores with demo units out to try. I joined here just too late to catch the Toronto Meet.

Ahh, but just because you missed the Toronto summer meet doesn't mean you can't schedule a mini-meet with some other Toronto Head-Fiers who own stuff you'd like to hear.
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, but just because you missed the Toronto summer meet doesn't mean you can't schedule a mini-meet with some other Toronto Head-Fiers who own stuff you'd like to hear.
wink.gif

Hehe. That'd be pretty vain of me.
biggrin.gif

Perhaps when I have some more interesting stuff to bring to the event (or the space to hold it) I'll organise one. It's tempting though. I came across one member in particular who lived in a reasonably close city that had a positively encyclopedic collection.

Sep 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 11
I know there are a few people who wouldnt mind you popping by to check out some cans, if there are a few that you have your eyes on.

Sep 7, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #9 of 11
Another vote for Bay Bloor Radio. The guys there are pretty helpful and let me try the RS1 and GS1000. Just ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back