Pixar came thru for dying girl
Jun 19, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #2 of 28
Kudo's to PIXAR but a very sad story nonetheless.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #4 of 28
Okay, say what you will about my manhood and whatever... but reading that story actually made me tear up somethin' fierce.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 28
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #7 of 28
Oh man, a company couldn't ask for a better PR story than this!

This would be a sweet/sad story if I could get past how much Pixar is benefiting from the little girls death.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Okay, say what you will about my manhood and whatever... but reading that story actually made me tear up somethin' fierce.

x2.

That's really touching, but I have to take xnothingpoetic's post into consideration...

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This would be a sweet/sad story if I could get past how much Pixar is benefiting from the little girls death.

They refused to comment on the story. I'm tempted to think that they didn't have anything in mind other than good ol' fashion altruism when they sent the rep.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

Disney and Pixar are in the business of entertainment and making children's dreams come true, do you know how many dying kids spend their last days in Disney world? As a past Disney intern I can tell you there are a lot of them, Disney always does their best to take as much care of them as they can. While I was there a good friend of mine who plays Cinderella in the parks was asked to go to a hospital near Disney world to visit a little girl who didn't want to die until she met Cinderella. As touching as this story is it honestly isn't too uncommon with this company. They didn't do it for the publicity, they did it for the little girl.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

that is the very reason (i'm guessing) that Pixar declined to comment! they wanted to do something nice for that dying girl, without appearing to be milking it for the sake of publicity.

Jun 19, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here.. Things like these always leave me quite silent for the rest of the day.

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They didn't do it for the publicity, they did it for the little girl.

For sure. I guess my mindset is just clouded due to me being in the PR field/going to school for it. So when I see something like this I just see a company who did it not for the girl but to look good in the publics eye and eventually getting more people to see the film/think better of Pixar.

But a company can do good and not expect something in return. I'm hoping they did it for the girl and not themselves.

Thanks for the added perspectives Toppop, Gatto, sleepyone, and Doug

Jun 19, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 28
Credit to Pixar for granting this girls last wish! Apart from that it is a really sad story though.

R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back