Pittsburgh PA Area Meetup!
Oct 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #32 of 42
Hey Pittsburghers! I just bought a pair of Hifiman HE-500s. These sound great, a big step up from my AKG K701s, but I was really torn between these and the Audeze LCD-2s. I'm still wondering if I should return these and buy the LCD-2s, and I sure would like to hear them. 

Are there any LCD-2 owners in the area who might be interested in hearing my HE-500s, and we could meet-up? I'm running them from a stock Woo Audio WA6, and I live near Squirrel Hill. I've broken them in about 100 hours so far, and counting.

circlark

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #33 of 42
  I'm looking for some kind of Head-Fi Meetup to attend to listen to different equipment. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600s, a Headroom micro DAC and Headroom micro amplifier. Did you ever have a meetup?

Zach

DIdn't participate in  a meetup, but Zach, I had a Headroom micro amp with my Senn 600s and traded it for a Burson HA-160; SO much better--especially much smoother highs.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #35 of 42
Hey all! I'm a student at Pitt just getting into the HiFi world and would love to be a part of the community. As of right now I'm in the midst of getting my entry-level setup compete. So far I have a pair of Beyer DT990 Pro's and should be purchasing either the Aune T1 or Magni/Modi stack to complement it (though I'm leaning towards the T1). Anyways even though this thread is over a year old if people are still showing interest I'd love to stick my toes in the large ocean that is the Head-Fi community and have a meetup.

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #38 of 42
I live in the Pittsburgh area, but I just got into the Head-Fi scene, and therefore my gear isn't too impressive.  I've got an older sony amp and preamp that I bought off of CL and some terrifyingly old speakers.  My dragonfly is on backorder and my headphones are nothing to write home about.  But I'd love to hear some music on a real audiophile setup and meet other people with the same interests!

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #39 of 42
Oops I should've done a search before I made my own Pittsburgh Head-Fi meet thread, didn't know this one already existed. I'm definitely interested in helping to arrange/plan a meet if others are too. I sold off a lot of my gear but what I currently have is in my signature. I'm planning to get an HE-560 and Project Ember later this month also.

Mar 12, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #40 of 42
I am definitly interested to meet other headhifier.
My gear is not impressive at all (HD598, magni, modi) but I just bought a T50RP ZMF and love it; it would be great to try out other stuff. 

May 10, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #42 of 42
  No one interested in the great pittsburgh area?

Please check out this thread for a possible meet in the future: http://www.head-fi.org/t/708458/interest-check-pittsburgh-head-fi-meet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back