Pittsburgh PA Area Meetup!
Jul 16, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #16 of 42
Quote:
Many things could certainly happen if we start to show a lot of interest in this meetup! I'm open to any of this as long as its feasible for all other members and so forth. Of course as I've said it all depends on how things work themselves out haha. I've never hosted a head-fi meetup before though I have attended one and had a great deal of fun. Thats what impaired me to start this thread.
Its a lot of fun trying out other gear. It allows you to find out what you like without having to buy that product first and have the potential to dislike the sound according to your own preferences. For me personally, and I know everyones tastes differ, but this allowed me to determine that i preferred the sound of the LCD 2s over the HD 800 and a lot of others. I would not have known this without spending the money first. This also allowed me the great experience of seeing how much higher up the food chain you can get, so to speak. But thats what this event is all about to me. Experiencing awesome or interesting gear, meeting fellow head-fiers, and just plain having fun!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep...

Aug 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 42
I've been hoping for another Pittsburgh meet.  And I'm in 15143, so Monaca would be easy.  Beer at Hollywood Gardens after!

Gear I can bring includes an umolested Melos SHA-1 (previously lauded by Tyll!), (early) Benchmark DAC1, (2004) DT880, Sansa Clip+, TDK BA100, Sennheiser HD-222 with disintegrating pads & a Pass Aleph 3 if anyone has K1000s or similar.  Oh - and a PC music source, of course.

Aug 8, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #18 of 42
I've been hoping for another Pittsburgh meet.  And I'm in 15143, so Monaca would be easy.  Beer at Hollywood Gardens after!

Gear I can bring includes an umolested Melos SHA-1 (previously lauded by Tyll!), (early) Benchmark DAC1, (2004) DT880, Sansa Clip+, TDK BA100, Sennheiser HD-222 with disintegrating pads & a Pass Aleph 3 if anyone has K1000s or similar.  Oh - and a PC music source, of course.

Lots of interesting gear here! I'm glad your interested. Say what version of the DT 880s do you ave out of curiosity?

I think we are close to planning a date to meetup, just a little more interest haha. I am looking forward to this!

BTW I don't know precisely how the k1000 and similar headphones handle speaker amps. I know they have power limits of course but if its possible to use with an amp like the one I have, which is listed above. Then by all means anyone is welcome to try out their equipment with mine. A little off topic but I really love my little Emotiva amp. The speakers are alright but I wish I had waited and bought a different pair instead. Nonetheless I feel like the amp is of truly of excellent quality and that it has yet to be given proper speakers to drive haha. Emotiva support has also got to be hands down the best customer support I've ever dealt with.

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #21 of 42
So how many people do we have officially? School has started again so we might have to plan on a holiday when we don't have work/school. Maybe we can get rep'd by a audiophile store. I know there is one in Pittsburgh or right outside. Bubba's audio shop or something. They carry Sennheiser and some other brands.

Sep 19, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #27 of 42
Quote:
There are a number of dealers, but it might depend on how high-end you mean by "audiophile."  What are you looking for?

I wanted to show my friend some bassy headphones, ones better than his beats he currently has. A store that has some lower end hi-fi as opposed to electrostatic and the like.

ATH M50s, DT 770s, etc. I guess Beyr, ATH, AKG, Senn, Denon, etc. Nothing high priced like STAX or Woo lol. I hope that makes sense.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #28 of 42
Hello everyone, I'm bryan and I just joined here and am looking to get my first set of headphones for about $300 to 350 max. Does anyone know any good stores around oakland to check some out?

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #30 of 42
not sure, interest died down I guess. I'm not in Pitt anymore so I personally can't do any meetups there in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back