Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700
Feb 25, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #93 of 155

Not that I've been able to find, have translated it using software helps a little but not enough, if you want a copy let me know.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #94 of 155
OK my xpa700 arrived. Of course directions are in Japanese. Question, do I flip the switch on the bottom to "charge" when I'm charging the amp, or is that for when I'm using the amp to charge something else? Also, my lights aren't coming on on the side for
The bit rate

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #95 of 155
OK my xpa700 arrived. Of course directions are in Japanese. Question, do I flip the switch on the bottom to "charge" when I'm charging the amp, or is that for when I'm using the amp to charge something else? Also, my lights aren't coming on on the side for
The bit rate

the bit rate led goes off when the input bitrate is 16-bit, red when it is 24 and green when it is 32.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #99 of 155
Finally got everything working from my xdp100 to my xpa700. Sounds very nice, like the xdp100, but with more warmth and bass. The batteries in these pioneer units aren't very good. I want to get some balanced cables for either my flc8s or JVC fx850s. Which would be the better choice?

Mar 9, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #102 of 155
Picked up the van nuys case to go with my dap. Also picked up the XPA700 (open box for $200) and the van nuys case for that as well. I ordered the cases and amp from Amazon Japan using Tenso. Wasn't the pain in the ass I thought it would be. I'll be ordering from Japan a lot more in the future.

The XPA700 sounds like the dap but with much more impact. The bass is much better. It's really heavy and sturdy. I really wanted it for the balanced out, most likely for either my JVC FX850s or FLC8s. The amp powers my HD650 to just pass loud enough. Would balanced cable for HD650 be louder? The battery life in these pioneer units is atrocious. 

Mar 10, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #104 of 155
Is anyone using a balanced adapter cable to their regular cables for the XPA or does the entire cable need to be balanced? I was thinking of getting this, female 3.5 to RSA/ALO balanced. I think that will work with the xpa700. Will this sound as good as replacing with a new cable terminated with RSA/ALO balanced.

http://www.moon-audio.com/silver-dragon-iem-extension-adapter-cable-v1.html

Mar 10, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #105 of 155
Ok I called moon audio. They said that the balanced adapter cable needs to be used with balanced headphone cables even though it's rsa/alo one end to female 3.5 on the other end. I thought just plugging in a male 3.5 would be ok. They said one channel would short and that the website is configured to allow practically any configuration from end to end. Weird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back