Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700
Mar 15, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #106 of 155
I did use apple lightning cable connect with pioneer xpa700 USB port. It can connect with my iPhone 6 Plus but only up sampling to 48kHz and can't up sampling to 96, 192 or5.6M. I am questioning if we insist up sampling to 96' 192 or 5.6M we have to use camera kit to micro usb ?

May 8, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #109 of 155
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Will it be able to feed the amp with a micro OTG or is this amp not made for Android phones?

May 11, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #110 of 155
Hello. Considering buying one of these but a few questions on the cables needed. I'll be using it with an iPhone 6. A few posts back i noticed that only the included usb cables seem to work. Does the item come with a lightning to usb cable? If not I assume a standard lightning cable will work given that lightning iPhones are listed as compatible. Also, will it only upsample to 48 over the usb a port if connected to an iPhone? Thanks!

May 16, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #111 of 155
Ok so I picked up the shure se846 and forza copper series cable balanced rosa/alo and it sounds awesome. I want to get some balanced cables for my flc8s

How much was the cable? I can't seem to find a reasonably priced ALO to 4-pin XLR adapter.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found one for $30 on ebay. It's much easier to find cabels that terminate in XLR rather than ALO/RSA. Still not sure if I am going to get the XPA-700 as a portable solution, but I am leaning towards it.

May 16, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #112 of 155
How much was the cable? I can't seem to find a reasonably priced ALO to 4-pin XLR adapter.

I paid $150 and balanced makes a huge difference. Sound is awesome, everything opened up, better extension at both ends, clearer. It's worth it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found one for $30 on ebay. It's much easier to find cabels that terminate in XLR rather than ALO/RSA. Still not sure if I am going to get the XPA-700 as a portable solution, but I am leaning towards it.

May 23, 2016 at 9:39 PM Post #116 of 155
Got mine today off of eBay. Really happy so far. Didn't realize the battery appears to be replaceable. At least a page in the manual indicates so. Not sure if the battery is fairly standard?

May 25, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #117 of 155
I had a quick question on the bit depth light. When I connect the unit to my mac the light is red for 24 bit or green for 32. In audio midi setup these are the only 2 options available. When I connect the unit to my squeezebox touch the sampling frequency light is accurate, but I do not get the bit depth light to turn on when playing 24 bit files. Is this typical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back