Pioneer's First Portable Amp XPA-700
Jan 11, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #76 of 155
Arrived today posted 8th of January in Japan - go Price Japan, at my door 7am on the 11th 4days woohoo.

Jan 14, 2016 at 6:49 AM Post #77 of 155
I found slow filter, 96k upsampling, one click less from narrow to sound best connected to an iDevice playing Spotify.

Anyone else care to share combinations sounding great in your opinion?

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #78 of 155
I haven't received much help from the Oppo HA2 thread so I'll try here.

I need advice. I just purchased the pioneer xdp-100r and am looking for a new portable amp. I've narrowed down to; 

Oppo ha2, 
Pioneer XPA-700,
Sony pha3,
and recently become interested in the Mojo.

I'm leaning towards the pioneer xpa700 to keep it all pioneer and also because it has balanced out. I've read great things about the oppo ha2. It has bass boost, which is a big plus for me. I've always wanted the Sony pha3. It too has balanced out. If it had bass boost there would be no other option in my book. The mojo, well, I hear it's great but it looks weird to me. It has no balanced out, no bass boost, but I hear it sounds great. The oppo and pioneer are half the price of the mojo and Sony. Has anyone had experience with all 4?

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #79 of 155
Can anyone tell me what cable/interconnect I need to be able to use a coaxial cable from a FiiO X5 into the 700, the FiiO uses
a TS 3.5mm plug but I am unsure what type of plug TS, TRS etc... I need for the 700 end. So far I have only been able to
use the 700 as an amp and must say apart from its bulk in a stack with the X5 I prefer it in sound to the FiiO E12. Looking
at replacing the X5 with an iBasso X80 to be able to keep two SD slots and have the optical connection option. Happy to
learn that I don't understand coaxial connectors if that is the problem.

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #80 of 155
anyone used this amp with the XDP-100R? I have the dap and was thinking of getting the XPA-700 or Oppo HA-2.  The XPA-700 has balanced out which I'm interested in but the Oppa has what I hear is a good bass boost. Both have the Sabre dac but I believe the oppose amp is more powerful.
Which amp would be better?

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #81 of 155
  anyone used this amp with the XDP-100R? I have the dap and was thinking of getting the XPA-700 or Oppo HA-2.  The XPA-700 has balanced out which I'm interested in but the Oppa has what I hear is a good bass boost. Both have the Sabre dac but I believe the oppose amp is more powerful.

I don't have the XDP-100R but I'm thinking over to purchase the DP-X1 and I'm interested in those two amps/dacs too.
Have you considered to buy both of them? I've had this idea in my mind since I'm unable to make up my mind for one of them. If one doesn't satisfy you, you can return it and keep the better one, or keep both if your budget allows so.
The XPA-700 has to be perfect for the XDP-100R since they're from the same brand and for the DP-X1 too, since Onkyo and Pioneer are associated brands.

Feb 13, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #82 of 155

I do not have nor have I heard either the XDP-100R or the Oppo but I do have the XPA-700 (so biased), I find it a great little set-up, looking at the specs the Oppo does have a higher output, the XPA-700 has a balanced output if you were wanting to explore any sound improvement from that - it would be a way to add a balanced output from the XDP-100R, I would really like to get the XDP, I don't see the gains there would be from having the XPA-700 with DP-X1 - apart from it sounding better but if I read correctly the balanced output on the DP-X1 uses the twin DACS but the rest of the time you are using just one DAC - happy to be corrected on this, the XDP-100R with the XPA-700 it would be I imagine a bulky but very "techsexy" setup - nice.

Feb 19, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #85 of 155
Feb 20, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #86 of 155
Heard it compared to an RSA P-51 Mustang.  Though clean, the mids aren't as liquid as the P-51, and if I'm not mistaken the Pioneer DAC/Amp combo doesn't compare to the P-51 alone (which is an amp) sound quality-wise.

Feb 24, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #90 of 155
Also , on the website it says:

"equipped with a high precision Dual clock (44.1 k system / 48 k system), adopted a asynchronous transfer to reduce the jitter and noise."

what does this mean ? Does this mean Async mode only works with 44KHZ/48KHZ samples ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back