Pioneer SE-A1000 (Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?)
Feb 11, 2015 at 4:12 PM Post #976 of 1,082
  Lol, happy listening dude (regardless of what you're listening with)!  
smile.gif

I know, right? It doe not matter how much or what form the gear is so long as it makes the listener the happiest. Consistently over the last week and a half, I really tried my best to justify keeping the Pioneers around but I keep finding myself inkling to listen with the Phonaks every single time because of their better openness, balance and detail. Price-wise, the Phonaks actually cost the same through a discount as the Pioneers. Adding the portability factor on top of it, I know the Pioneers have to go. I will not be listening to them much anymore and rather than see such an extraordinary pair like this collect dust in its box, I would like to sell them to someone who will sincerely appreciate them. To that end, I am selling them on Amazon right now and I am also willing to part with them locally for $40. But really, I didn't even see this coming--never from an IEM of all things. Pity Phonak had to exit the IEM market. Phonak should have seriously took the risk and paid extra cash for more marketing because, believe it or not, the Phonaks sound like they cost much more than even their full retail price.

Mar 21, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #978 of 1,082
How would you guys describe the amount of ear space and depth of the cups?

If you wear glasses, do you have a problem with the clamping pressure over your glasses frame?

Thanks.

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #986 of 1,082
Man still loving mine. I took them from my stack of headphones after not using the for awhile. I was watching some movies and the audio was so clear. As they were in front of me with the microphone, just awesome.

Apr 8, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #990 of 1,082
I still have my Se-A1000 going on 2 years now IIRC and use them all the time but I got an HD600 a couple of days ago and if the HD650 is anything like or anywhere near the HD600 then claiming the SE-A100 to be equivalent is hogwash - a1000-a very good can , Senn HD600 series -  excellent reference level cans. My A100 will being seeing dramatically less head time going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back