Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #121 of 135
I haven't been really impressed with Pioneer's HDJ line at all. Having previously owned a few pairs and listening to almost all of them throughout my years of Djing I found that they are only good for DJ'ing and nothing else. This led me to be pretty skeptical about Pioneer's headphones/earphones in general but people seem to be liking these...

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #122 of 135
The bass and lower midrange is definitely north of neutral. This is probably intentional because they are meant to be used in noisy environments where this frequency range often gets masked by background noise (Isolation is not as efficient at low frequencies). If you are willing to apply some EQ this is easily remedied though.

As a starting point you can apply a gradual rise of about 6 dB from 250 Hz to 3 kHz. This makes them much more neutral and detailed sounding and gives some presence to the excellent high frequency response of this iem. I think the high frequencies from the dje 2000 are detailed, extended and smooth sounding, making them sound surprisingly airy and spacious for an iem.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #123 of 135
  I haven't been really impressed with Pioneer's HDJ line at all. Having previously owned a few pairs and listening to almost all of them throughout my years of Djing I found that they are only good for DJ'ing and nothing else. This led me to be pretty skeptical about Pioneer's headphones/earphones in general but people seem to be liking these

I am going to have to completely disagree with you here.  After applying some EQ I have found them to be incredibly detailed and good for a wide-range of music.

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #124 of 135
I want to share my experience with DJE-1500 with you guys.

I spent a lot of time finding the IEMs that would replace my Koss PortaPro for loud environments- wanted a portapro like signature IEM with very good noise isolation. Tried IE80 (excellent sound, bad isolation), Shure SE425 (excellent isolation, unnatural trebles), Sennheiser Momentum in-ear (cable microphoincs, sibilant trebles).

Based on review by dweaver (thanks) I ordered my 1500s and I can say I love them. I cannot really find a flaw to mention.

Sound: Great
The bass is strong, full bodied, but not offensive or overwhelming. Fully present even at very low volumes, I can enjoy it anytime, cool.
The mids - the vocals and snares tend to be sometimes "shouty" and not so smooth with some artists (especially Sting), which bothered me a little, but otherwise they are very natural and warm to me.
The treble - exactly to my taste. With good extension and sparkle, nicely detailed. With Comply foams need an EQ treble boost.

Soundstage is unbelievably good, easily comparable to my portapro. Wow.
Isolation is by far not up to Shure SE line, but it is not bad either. With supplied Comply tips they isolate very nicely though.

Ergonomics is superb - I like wearing them over the ears, they are so comfy that I forget wearing them. I dont use the adjustable position feature. They are big, but I dont mind at all. The fabric-covered cable is the icing on the cake. The pioneer guys must really like what the are doing. And the cable is removable (yay!), so an android compatible remote cable is no problem.

For the price (140 EUR) these are really excellent value.

Hope my "review" helps.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #125 of 135
  I want to share my experience with DJE-1500 with you guys.

I spent a lot of time finding the IEMs that would replace my Koss PortaPro for loud environments- wanted a portapro like signature IEM with very good noise isolation. Tried IE80 (excellent sound, bad isolation), Shure SE425 (excellent isolation, unnatural trebles), Sennheiser Momentum in-ear (cable microphoincs, sibilant trebles).

Based on review by dweaver (thanks) I ordered my 1500s and I can say I love them. I cannot really find a flaw to mention.

Sound: Great
The bass is strong, full bodied, but not offensive or overwhelming. Fully present even at very low volumes, I can enjoy it anytime, cool.
The mids - the vocals and snares tend to be sometimes "shouty" and not so smooth with some artists (especially Sting), which bothered me a little, but otherwise they are very natural and warm to me.
The treble - exactly to my taste. With good extension and sparkle, nicely detailed. With Comply foams need an EQ treble boost.

Soundstage is unbelievably good, easily comparable to my portapro. Wow.
Isolation is by far not up to Shure SE line, but it is not bad either. With supplied Comply tips they isolate very nicely though.

Ergonomics is superb - I like wearing them over the ears, they are so comfy that I forget wearing them. I dont use the adjustable position feature. They are big, but I dont mind at all. The fabric-covered cable is the icing on the cake. The pioneer guys must really like what the are doing. And the cable is removable (yay!), so an android compatible remote cable is no problem.

For the price (140 EUR) these are really excellent value.

Hope my "review" helps.

Thanks for this.  I've had the exact same experience and you've articulated it well.  With the mids, I simply EQ'd it and now it's fine.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #126 of 135
I am going to have to completely disagree with you here.  After applying some EQ I have found them to be incredibly detailed and good for a wide-range of music.

I was saying the hdj line not the dje. I was disappointed with the hdjs which makes me skeptical about pioneer dj headphones in general.

Mar 12, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #127 of 135

Thanks for this.  I've had the exact same experience and you've articulated it well.  With the mids, I simply EQ'd it and now it's fine.

i agree, the only issue i have is the shoutyness, for lack of a better word. the bass is great, even awesome. the drivers can be pushed far without becoming muddy... just rumbles your eardrums. they are extremely underrated.

anyone spend enough time with the dje200 as well to compare?

May 16, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #128 of 135
I have a couple questions about the dje 1500. How easy/difficult are they to drive? I run my music from my itouch, laptop and tablet, and don't like to use amps, so I prefer my gear to be on the easy to drive side. Also, does anybody know if Amazon is a authorized dealer? they have the cheapest price online for the white version, but I couldn't find their name in the Pioneer website, and usually Amazon is an authorize dealer for most stuff, but apparently Pioneer doesn't consider them that anymore. Does anybody have concrete information about their status?

May 18, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #129 of 135
They improve with an amp but definitely don't need one to sound good. I almost exlisively used my pair straight from my phone.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #130 of 135
  I far prefer these to the T10is.  Those were too bass heavy for me. These are definitely bass heavy, but more in the sense that you feel it and it doesn't sacrifice the highs.   The bass on both might be a little fatiguing.

Other things - 

The T10is are slightly more comfortable, but the DJE-1500s can be worn straight down and I like having the option. 

The cable is better on the DJEs.

I am getting good isolation with the Isolation Complys.

The DJE soundstage is better than the T10is.  

How did 1500 and 750 compare to each other? I found the bass on the 750s a bit too soft and treble could be more sparkling as well. Any hints? Thanks!

Aug 24, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #131 of 135

I far prefer these to the T10is.  Those were too bass heavy for me. These are definitely bass heavy, but more in the sense that you feel it and it doesn't sacrifice the highs.   The bass on both might be a little fatiguing.

Other things - 

The T10is are slightly more comfortable, but the DJE-1500s can be worn straight down and I like having the option. 

The cable is better on the DJEs.

I am getting good isolation with the Isolation Complys.

The DJE soundstage is better than the T10is.  

How did 1500 and 750 compare to each other? I found the bass on the 750s a bit too soft and treble could be more sparkling as well. Any hints? Thanks!

The 1500 has a load of bass and treble. Stock sound is very V-shaped but as someone else mentioned the DJE series is VERY eq-able. I just wish I could have gotten use to the fit but my ears just weren't compatible. I had the same problem with the IM70, so I know it was just my ears.

Jan 18, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #132 of 135
I have just received a pair of these Pioneer DJE-1500 since the reviews seemed very positive and the price very fair. I am initially quite disappointed with them - the bass is powerful yet bleeds out and seems a little fussy, the separation is not the best as a result. Also the treble seems to bleed out a bit too. Especially listening to The Cure. I am currently listening to Annihilator and while their never recordings sound fairly good, their older stuff really lacks mid range and clarity. Attack on guitars especially acoustic guitars is lacking in detail, on Pink Floyds High Hopes this became very evident. They are fairly hard to drive as well, my Samsung Galaxy Alpha needs to be cranked almost all the way up to get decent sound. Someone here compared them to the Westone 4R, which I happen to own - and there is really no comparison because of the lacking driver units. The pioneers are in no way bad, they are just underwhelming in my opinion. Too bad... I will try them with some proper amplification, but I was expecting these to sound great on my phone - bought them for running. Have tried them with the comply tips that are in the package, and the bass becomes a bit too overpowering with them. The sound in general is better than with the rubber tips however. I managed to fit a pair of Shure Olives on them and so far the best result. 

Mar 17, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #133 of 135
Hi all! Signed up for the forum as I usually find myself reading threads and reading what people think about headphones and currently IEMs.

I've been looking into getting a pair of the DJE 1500 as I'm a Liquid/Intelligent/Atmospheric DnB Dj (Think sub and mid bass, Snares, & hi hats with maybe a synth or some other instrument for Midrange) and would like to have a quality pair to have in my DJ bag for a variety of reasons. (You never know when you'll come across a gig) I've always liked my headphones flat and balanced, with a pair of AIAIAI TMA1s as being the only exception during my mostly bedroom career. I'd probably also use these on my old Samsung S3 (iPod touch replacement with expandable memory) with plans to snag a portable controller for messing around while I'm on the bus/train. 

I was interested in seeing if anyone would recommend these as a first pair of IEMs and if so, what tips I should be looking into grabbing if I feel the need to? Given that these are sitting at around 100$USD right now and factoring a hard case if I buy any pair of IEMs for an extra 15-20$, these are really appealing to me. I also don't see the need for an amp or anything of that nature, and I don't really like messing with EQs on anything unless I'm mixing in/out on a mixer or controller.

I'll be sporadically posting, mainly just lurking. Glad to finally have an account here after years of random readings when I'm headphone shopping. 

Mar 31, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #134 of 135
hi everyone, i'm looking for a pair of IEM with a price tag of ~100€. It's for casual listening, on the train, at home, etc (NOT djing). I read some opinions online and these (DJE 1500) seem to be great! now, the "DJE" name kind of scares me, since i would not be using them for djing, so i looked around and i found these other IEM that seem interesting:
- rha ma750i
- shure se215
how do they compare to DJE 1500? what are your suggestions?

Important points for me:
- very good comfort
- good audio quality (of course)
- fun bass but not too much
- a bit of isolation (but still want to hear my surroundings)

thanks.

May 20, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #135 of 135
I no longet own a pair of 1500 as mines broke. The local Pioneer wouldn't repair them as they've phased them out apparently.

Apart from no official support when they break, I would recommend these. To my ears, the isolation is great so I can listen at really low volumes from my ipod touch 3rd gen. I quite enjoy the V shaped sound signature, so the mids which people complain about wasn't an issue for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back