Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500
Jan 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #106 of 135
So, I received my cable. It's the Shure SE846's cable. Super strong memory wire around the ears but less memory in the actual cord, feels a lot cleaner (which may be placebo). This cord just is all around better than the one that came with the IEM. Still waiting on my Sony Hybrids.

Where did you get the cable?  Can you link to it?

How are you wearing these?  Straight down or OTE?

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #107 of 135
So, I received my cable. It's the Shure SE846's cable. Super strong memory wire around the ears but less memory in the actual cord, feels a lot cleaner (which may be placebo). This cord just is all around better than the one that came with the IEM. Still waiting on my Sony Hybrids.

Can you link to the cable you got?

How is the sound compared to the stock?

I am using Comply Isolation tips and thinking they're very good.

Let me know how the Sony hybrids are.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #108 of 135
The cable model is the shure EAC46CLS 46 inch cable (the one that comes with the SE846) - only like $40 on amazon

Question for whoever has these, is the sound warm and full, or is it more on the detailed side? Because according to the specs, it has a dome diaphragm, which is better for higher frequencies.

Might go fidue A71, because detail + EDM = fail :/

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #109 of 135
  The cable model is the shure EAC46CLS 46 inch cable (the one that comes with the SE846) - only like $40 on amazon

Question for whoever has these, is the sound warm and full, or is it more on the detailed side? Because according to the specs, it has a dome diaphragm, which is better for higher frequencies.

Might go fidue A71, because detail + EDM = fail :/

For me I find it detailed.  

My head shakes with these listening to rock and roll and alt -- ODESZA, Led Zep, Raconteurs, Buddy Holly, etc. -- I find them fatiguing.   For Daft Punk, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, etc., I find them to be perfect.   Not sure why that is.  

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #110 of 135
  For me I find it detailed.  

My head shakes with these listening to rock and roll and alt -- ODESZA, Led Zep, Raconteurs, Buddy Holly, etc. -- I find them fatiguing.   For Daft Punk, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, etc., I find them to be perfect.   Not sure why that is.  

I as well find them to be pretty detailed, it's kind of a v-shaped curve (?) to me. I actually liked the T10s better with the treble filters, and they are definitely more comfortable than the Pioneers for me.

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #111 of 135
I as well find them to be pretty detailed, it's kind of a v-shaped curve (?) to me. I actually liked the T10s better with the treble filters, and they are definitely more comfortable than the Pioneers for me.
classic example of different signatures and preferences. Having reviewed both and love both. The 1500 is definitely v shaped while the t10 is a lot more gentle in the treble region and is warmer sounding. I have to admit my review of the t10 lead me back to a darker signature preference and ultimately my Sony MDR Z7 and XBA Z5.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #112 of 135
classic example of different signatures and preferences. Having reviewed both and love both. The 1500 is definitely v shaped while the t10 is a lot more gentle in the treble region and is warmer sounding. I have to admit my review of the t10 lead me back to a darker signature preference and ultimately my Sony MDR Z7 and XBA Z5.

I also have, and love, HD600s and LCD2s, so i guess i'm consistent at least. Ironically, I gave the T10s to my son for Christmas, which was the plan all along, unless I had to buy another pair.

Jan 22, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #113 of 135
I reached out to Pioneer Canada and am going to order the triple flange tips from them directly.  I am coming from Ety HF2s and am hoping for good silicone isolation.   Will let everyone know.

Also, has anyone compared the size of the DJE200s?  Because of the BA in them it looks to me like they might get deeper insertion.  Anyone know? 

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #114 of 135
  I far prefer these to the T10is.  Those were too bass heavy for me. These are definitely bass heavy, but more in the sense that you feel it and it doesn't sacrifice the highs.   The bass on both might be a little fatiguing.

Other things - 

The T10is are slightly more comfortable, but the DJE-1500s can be worn straight down and I like having the option. 

The cable is better on the DJEs.

I am getting good isolation with the Isolation Complys.

The DJE soundstage is better than the T10is.  

what are you referring to when you say "those were too bass heavy", the t10i? even with the clean filter? how so?
the dje have thunderous bass. i think they worked hard to keep things coherent despite the bass. it can still be overbearing, but what else does what these can? and from a single driver

i just got the ma750, and they are super comfortable. much more polite overall

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #115 of 135
The T10s.  I personally found the bass to come at the expense of the trable, even with the filter.  The bass on the DJE is thunderous, but not at the expense of the treble.  It's even better of a balance with silicone tips. 

the MA750s are niiiice, but I wasn't crazy about the cable. 

what are you referring to when you say "those were too bass heavy", the t10i? even with the clean filter? how so?
the dje have thunderous bass. i think they worked hard to keep things coherent despite the bass. it can still be overbearing, but what else does what these can? and from a single driver

i just got the ma750, and they are super comfortable. much more polite overall

Jan 22, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #116 of 135
Do the DJE 1500s have any driver flex? I am pretty sure driver flex doesn't do too much, but the less strain on the driver over time, the better.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #118 of 135
Okay, initial impression is that they sound good. Clear mids, deep bass, a bit of sparkly on the top, but the fit is something you're gonna have to get use too. I'm having an extremely difficult time with it. I think I might have figured it out with the medium auvio tips but I'm honestly not sure if I am going to keep these if I can't figure out a way to make them a little more comfortable.

Triple Flange tips are more comfortable but sound slightly bass anemic.

EDIT: I'm liking a smaller triple flange. Seems to balance out the sound. Not as bass anemic as the larger, so I probably wasn't getting a good fit.

Are you using the 2000s?

Feb 10, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #119 of 135
Hey guys quick question.

The 1500 have a max power rating of 300mW (the 2000 is 500mW). Does this mean they would distort less at high volumes? Especially in bass frequencies?

Or does the max power rating, however credible it may be, equate to something else?

Thanks

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #120 of 135
I have the DJE 2000 and find them to be dark and muffled sounding without EQ (this is with the medium comply tx500 tips). They do however respond extremely well to EQ.

I have them flat from the bass to about 250 Hz. From 250 Hz to 1 kHz I have gentle rise of about 3 dB followed by another 3 dB boost towards 2.7 kHz. Then flat above 2.7 kHz

To my ears this really opens up the sound and makes them more accurate and detailed sounding without making them shrill or unpleasant.

They have now replaced my Shure se535's as my preferred in-ear. They have better extension at both the high and low end and are more lifelike and spacious sounding overall. I find the se535 to be good, but somewhat constrained and mechanical sounding regardless of EQ settings, even with the limited edition filter mod.

Anders

Users who are viewing this thread

Back