Pioneer bad news. What's this world coming to?
Feb 17, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #76 of 98
Quote:

provided the photos shot shared the exact same technique and procedure, one can get a 'taste'.

Not unless your monitor is calibrated and has a wider sprectrum of colour, and is more accurate than the actual displays, and the camera is calibrated, and if the displays are calibrated. Then you have things like what's better for motion, any side effects like DLP rainbows. Then you have things like black levels. No ambiant light on the screens.

Total waste of time even thinking that photos is valid reason for comparing displays.

Feb 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #77 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not unless your monitor is calibrated and has a wider sprectrum of colour, and is more accurate than the actual displays, and the camera is calibrated, and if the displays are calibrated. Then you have things like what's better for motion, any side effects like DLP rainbows. Then you have things like black levels. No ambiant light on the screens.

Total waste of time even thinking that photos is valid reason for comparing displays.

Yes Yes, I know all of this and agree with you. This is about getting a bite or nibble, again this was also supplemented with experienced knowledge by the people doing the critique.

Feb 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #78 of 98
I think pioneer are probably the best a/v manufacturer in their price range. I only saw one of the mitsu lasers, and it was a big screen, very well built and far from being flat. the advantage with the laser technology may be its ability to stay clear on the larger screen, and also because of the way this particular one was built.

Feb 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #79 of 98
A lot of good info can be found on the AVS Forum they have ISF techs
and a lot of people in the video industry that make their living shooting
footage and editing not trying to sell you a brand but the undisputed king
currently is the KURO from Pioneer. As to image burn that can happen to
any display if you run the settings to hot be sensible an adjust accordingly yes even LCD if settings are in the torch mode don't believe me try it on your own if you don't care about it but for standard viewing they all have image burn under control.

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #80 of 98
Sad news indeed. Pioneer's Kuro's are definitely the best in picture quality at the moment, so who knows what another generation or two could have improved upon. I've been monitoring the prices for the 60" Kuro of the current generation, and it seems they have gone up by $200 at most vendors. Profiteering?

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:37 PM Post #81 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by rogue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.......... it seems they have gone up by $200 at most vendors. Profiteering?

I doubt it, most likely your weak dollar.

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #82 of 98
My dad just picked up a 60" Pioneer for his house and it is incredible. I love my Panny 42" but the Pioneer is awesome. Supposedly he got a commercial version with the Kuro panel but it as similar in price to the Panasonic.

Feb 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #83 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I doubt it, most likely your weak dollar.

$200 in 2 days? Don't think so. The prices on the 50" panels keep falling, but the 60" refuses to budge. I think its simply a case of low supply and high demand, which the vendors have picked up on.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #86 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is a TV not a source?

Not per the definition above.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #87 of 98
"Discussion of source components"

This is both a video and an audio source.

Which category do you think better suits in.

Definition - Source, just like my grandma Bella used to make, eh? Now that's, a spicy-a meetah-ballah!

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #89 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Discussion of source components"

This is both a video and an audio source

Please. I personally don't care that the thread is here but calling a TV an audio source is a pretty big stretch.

--Jerome

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #90 of 98
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsaliga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please. I personally don't care that the thread is here but calling a TV an audio source is a pretty big stretch.

--Jerome

OK, I'll ask again, as the OP and not a Moderator. "Which Forum would better suit this thread"? I'll gladly move it. I have no preference where it goes.

When I turn to Music Choice and play the digital Jazz station through my stereo, which I often do, it is an audio source.

...and Connecticut Jerome, you comin' to the meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back