Pink noise and beats by dre
Jun 29, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 11
This is my philosophy. If you don't like the sound before burn-in, you will not like it afterwards either. Burn-in does not cause that big of a change in sound, only slight things. So if you really aren't digging the sound now, don't expect anything miraculous to happen.

Hopefully you haven't already bought them... If you've tried searching at all on this forum you'd realize noone would ever recommend you getting those. Have you tried looking around at all?

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
Thanks slapshot

I think i may just try it.

Sadly i bought a pair of solos, about 2 years ago. I was caught in the advertising back then.
Im currently saving up for a pair of sens hd650

2 years ago? I suppose you are due for a new pair of headphones then
tongue.gif
. No worries, advertising gets to the best of us at one time or another...

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Thanks slapshot

I think i may just try it.

Sadly i bought a pair of solos, about 2 years ago. I was caught in the advertising back then.
Im currently saving up for a pair of sens hd650

Have you been using them for 2 years? If you have they should be fully burned in.... Pink noise would do nothing.

Jun 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #6 of 11
pink noise in general helps to burn-in new headphones, as with pink noise headphones burn-in faster because pink noise contains every frequency and every frequency has the same power.
But after two years of using, your beats are fully burned in.
If you dont like the sound, you cant do anything to improve it, that's how it sounds.
Good choice for that senns, you wont be disappointed.

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
No worries, advertising gets to the best of us at one time or another...

Nintendo Power Glove I am looking at you! ::shakes fist::

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #10 of 11

True and not true. It's true if a certain hps sonic signature dose please you than burn in won't change the Sonic signature much. But if a specific part of the headphone give you a headache, recessed highs, hard upper mids, lose bass etc, the burn in might be able to fix that for you. 

Jun 30, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #11 of 11
Burn in basically refines the sound of of the headphone. If the initial sound doesn't meld well with you, burn in isn't going to change that.

However, if you already like the headphone's sound in the first place, burn in usually makes the sound "better".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back