Pie-in-the-sky, if you could have anything, product suggestion thread.
Jul 1, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's time for a functional central station to control all the things we love, and give us a few little toys that no-one else has done yet (like the attenuated input, possibly an optional feature but one that I think would be very cool, providing that it doesn't degrade the sound.)

And I just named the product line. Headroom Station, Headroom Central Station, And Headroom Grand Central Station. I'll take one of each for the effort.

Sorry, too late. I can show you internal documentation that shows the working title of something similar that's two year old. I tend to lean toward the "Audio Control Center" type names these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit
a dedicated power supply specific for the Micro line that would supply both the amp and DAC and would be better than the wall bricks. something in the same stackable footprint even if it had to be as high as two units stacked together.

That would mean tooling up a new enclosure and bezel. We might be able to fit a switching supply in the current enclosure, though. Don't know if we could fit two DIN connectors side by side in there without having to clip the top of the connctors. Hmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
I'd like to see a more Grado-centric amp. That is, something for the low-impedance camp (Grado, Audio-Technica, Ultrasone, etc.) that don't require so much voltage as current.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk
second or thirding or whatever number we are on for the Grado/LE-centric amplifier. although, i know how y'all at HeadRoom feel about Grado cans, so that's sort of a shot in the dark.

Another, hmm, I thought at jpelg's first mention. I like Grado cans under certain circumstances---mostly with nice tube amps---that might be a good idea. HeadRoom will have to stay focussed on products that really make money, but there are a lot of Grado fans out there. It's really not a bad idea, and it's one that I can never remember having talked about before. Thank's, Jimmy. Don't think I can hand one out to you for that comment if we ever do make one, but if you've got something that fancies your eye at HeadRoom, drop me a note and I'll see what I can do for you.
eggosmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelonious monk
a Tyll Hertsens plush doll. no joke.
seriously, that would be awesome. he could come with a detachable ukulele and hd650s. i'd buy one.

Sheesh! I'd buy one. But we gotta spend HeadRoom's money on making new product. I would buy 1 for sure ... heck, I'd buy 50!

Jul 2, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #33 of 144
How about an ultra-portable amp with a built iPod dock? It could slide on to the dock connector and they would be back to back. Of course Li-Ion battery that would also extend the iPod run time.
cool.gif

Jul 2, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #34 of 144
looking for something that would give the added benefit of the $399 HR DPS over the brick supply but specific for the Micro Line in it's same footprint. I think it would also clean up the footprint of the Micro Line giving it a cleaner appearance. I have mentioned it to HR in the past and thought it would always be nice for the current Micro Line but it would be even better for the new soon to be released Micro Line(maybe the MicroPortable too??). it would be best if it was capable of suppling both an Amp and DAC. if a new enclosure is too much to ask and if it's easier to put in the existing enclosure then maybe a MicroDPS that would supply at least one component would still be very good. I would be willing to purchase two DPS as long as the price for each is somewhat reasonable and it would give the added benefit of the current HR DPS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would mean tooling up a new enclosure and bezel. We might be able to fit a switching supply in the current enclosure, though. Don't know if we could fit two DIN connectors side by side in there without having to clip the top of the connctors. Hmm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a dedicated power supply specific for the Micro line that would supply both the amp and DAC and would be better than the wall bricks. something in the same stackable footprint even if it had to be as high as two units stacked together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noseallinit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a solar powered charger for the Micro Portable Amp and an iPod. for camping and when we are off the grid so we are able to keep on jamming! q:O)>

plus it would be nice to have a Green product so to speak. kinda, sorta self-sustaining. you could load your iPod once and be off the grid for months at a time on some adventure and still be able to charge you amp and iPod. natural disaster could strike and your power is out for a week but your still able to charge your amp and iPod(maybe even a cellphone). or just to take the load off our ever growing needs for electricity.

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #35 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by lextek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about an ultra-portable amp with a built iPod dock? It could slide on to the dock connector and they would be back to back. Of course Li-Ion battery that would also extend the iPod run time.
cool.gif

And ideally would bypass the ipod's DAC.

Jul 2, 2007 at 10:11 AM Post #37 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll say it before they do: that's not going to happen.

Remember the thread title: Pie in the Sky.

EDIT: If these guys can do it, why can't HeadRoom?

Jul 3, 2007 at 2:00 AM Post #38 of 144
The Monkey;3083891 said:

Okay, a really off the wall suggestion...how about a home box thats totally modular? You already offer different modules...and certainly circuit boards are how everything is built these days...(said confidently with my Poli Sci degree)..why not an enclosure I can upgrade for years 1 step at a time? Make it relatively large so I can go balanced later. Leave some room so the remote volume fits. (you've said remote volume in 2 posts...I like remote volume) Perhaps add a connector on the back for the also available power box. Finally let me just order the upgrades or send it back to you for a cheap install. If you install you can get into the used module business...I can see the parodies of the used car commercials now. I'm sure a modular approach has to compromise the highest end equipment so there may never be a modular "max" available, but I hate selling used gear. It would really be nice to just send it back for upgrade.

Bazile

Jul 3, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #39 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

EDIT: If these guys can do it, why can't HeadRoom?

well, first of all, i don't understand why a portable amp would need an ipod dock on it. secondly, it's pointless to extract a digital signal from the ipod for that much money, and i am pretty sure Vinnie Rossi has said that it's impossible to do it for a reasonable price... and i doubt HeadRoom is going to start modding ipods..

Jul 4, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #42 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's too obvious, but I have to say it.

Official Headroom Tyll Hawaiian Shirts!!!

wink.gif

-Ed

Hey Ed! These are on the list for when we have a spare $10,000. I looked into it quite a while ago, and it can be done, but it's a pretty serious commitment. You have to design shirt and the print pattern on the fabric (Hawaiian shirt typically have large bold pattern that is designed to come out in the right place once the shirt is put together, so you have to design the shirt, then lay the design on the fabric in a certain way), Then print a whole roll of fabric, then figure how many of each size, then cut them out and sew them up. It's a huge undertaking, but it'll happen someday.

Jul 4, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #43 of 144
How about an amplifier comparable in size and features to the '2007 Desktop Portable Amp', but for electrostatic headphones (Stax Pro bias)?
That would have been something!
lambda.gif

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:59 AM Post #44 of 144
Hmm... could you guys get into the custom molds business? I would love a headroom branded custom for my UM2. Or a branded Zune case? I already have a headroom mug and ballcap, as well as a stink load of cable-ties.

Smaller cases/bags for a DAP and IEM? I haven't found a good way to carry them both yet.

Or... a 72" Plasma Headroom TV with built-in headphone amp.

Jul 9, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #45 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Ed! These are on the list for when we have a spare $10,000. I looked into it quite a while ago, and it can be done, but it's a pretty serious commitment. You have to design shirt and the print pattern on the fabric (Hawaiian shirt typically have large bold pattern that is designed to come out in the right place once the shirt is put together, so you have to design the shirt, then lay the design on the fabric in a certain way), Then print a whole roll of fabric, then figure how many of each size, then cut them out and sew them up. It's a huge undertaking, but it'll happen someday.

Heheh, the design should obviously have the Headroom logos plastered across it in a nice pattern. And a "Where's Tyll" (Where's Waldo) thing on it too.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back