PICTURES: Proof That Grados Are Not Ugly [56k-oh well]
May 29, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-sides
which model panasonic is it? i'm thinking about the FZ7. personally, i'm more of an RS (woody) guy, but those are gorgeous pictures.

It's FZ20. Old, but still gets the job done (well, sort of). One thing I know is, the more crappy your camera, the more creative you need to be. lol. I'm always amazed looking at pictures taken with Canon 1DS Mark II + high end lens. Even for normal portrait, it can make the portrait look soooo beautiful.

Kuma: I didn't take that RS1 picture.

May 29, 2006 at 9:48 AM Post #32 of 52
dj_mocock, I'm always impressed with the quality of photos from you camera:

ZFZ20A.JPG

May 29, 2006 at 2:23 PM Post #35 of 52
By the way, the portrait I mentioned earlier (regarding the Canon 1 DS Mark II),

This is the sample - not my picture (yeah, I wish !), taken with 1DSMarkII + Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L.
I'd kill for that camera combo. You can see how good that lens can perform... I'm not sure how much post processing he had done, but whatever it is, it works!

PS: Can't believe I just thread-crapped my own thread... just shows that I'm a sucker for beautiful photography works eh...
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #38 of 52
The more I see Grados, the more i dislike metal cans.
Leather, maybe, but metal...no.

Are the new GS1k's still mahogany?

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #39 of 52
One great thing about this hobby is the ability to find almost exactly what we like in both sound AND appearance!

The three sets of phones I've boiled it down to are:

My plastic MS-1s, maybe converted to a variety of wood species.

The obvious upgrade: MS2i. or,

RS-2 in wood.

EDIT. Oh, and thanks for bumping this thread! It makes it easier to see photos of my currently fav cans!

Choice is great!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 2:51 PM Post #42 of 52
They look pretty neat when complimented with a HD650
biggrin.gif

De.jpg

Jun 8, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovesocks
I agree that Grados look pretty darn good, but the only Grado pics I've seen in this thread so far are of the RS-1 and GS-1000.
very_evil_smiley.gif

SHHHH!!!!!
biggrin.gif
Don't tell them....Cause these are the only two Grado cans that can be shown in photograph...The others look like crap (except for the MS-PRO, HP1,2,3, and PS-1's....)
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #45 of 52
rs1.jpg

I think they look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back