PICTURES: Proof That Grados Are Not Ugly [56k-oh well]
Jun 8, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #46 of 52
I'm not sure if this is always true. I used to take photos as a wedding photographer (it was my part time gig during grad school), but some of my clients thought the photos were too revealing with L-series lenses and 1DS or even 1D. For some clients, a liberal use of a diffuser and/or photoshop were required.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
I'm always amazed looking at pictures taken with Canon 1DS Mark II + high end lens. Even for normal portrait, it can make the portrait look soooo beautiful.

Kuma: I didn't take that RS1 picture.

Jun 8, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #47 of 52
Grados were never purely ugly. In fact, I would say every single Grado has an old-school appeal that is if not universal, then appeals to many types of people.

"Ugly" is not the same as "Badly Designed", which the Grados definitely are.

Jun 8, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #49 of 52
I'm 'bout to get these Headphiled beauties, and though not strictly Grado's per se, they look good to me
rs1smile.gif

zlg.jpg

Jun 8, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #50 of 52
Grados are ugly but they sound so freaking good.

Jun 8, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
I'm not sure if this is always true. I used to take photos as a wedding photographer (it was my part time gig during grad school), but some of my clients thought the photos were too revealing with L-series lenses and 1DS or even 1D. For some clients, a liberal use of a diffuser and/or photoshop were required.
icon10.gif

There is no universal taste for photography, just like many other things. Just like your clients weren't so hot about the L lens, you can find in many sites that that particular 1.2 L lens has love/hate relationship as well. Some people hated it, some love it.

I guess I fall into the latter one, just can't go past that sharpness and very creamy background... I wish I had the setup like that person... one of those things I might never be able to afford...
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back