Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Oct 6, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #856 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dr13zehn, do the SR60s need to be amped? he'll be running them out of a (*sigh*) modded PSP or modded original DS, so there isn't tons of power there.

The SR60 are quite efficient, so it should be fine with a PSP. Though I'll have to admit that I don't know much about the PSP as an audio player.
If you want to get an amp with it too, to add a little more control to the highs and a bit more ompf to the bass, you could also get a Fiio. It's $9 and sounds quite good.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #857 of 1,113
Hello, after reading this forum for about a month this is what I ended up with
smile.gif

Cowon D2 (with the official Cowon metal sticker pattern A silver) + iBasso D2 Boa + iBasso CB01 interconnect + head-direct RE2 with comply t-400 foam tips:

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03063.jpg

My most portable rig: D2+ Fiio E3+ Head-Direct RE2+ official D2 leather case:

DSC03065.jpg

Some stuff I would never have bought without Head-Fi
darthsmile.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #859 of 1,113
Well, I choose the amp not only because I wanted to pair it with the Cowon D2 but also because I needed a DAC. I also use the Sennheiser HD 530 II which are pretty demanding headphones with there 300 ohms. The RE2 are my first IEM, I really like them for portable use with the Fiio.

A high-end custom IEM is what I will aim for in the future but right now this works for me. But please tell me when i'm doing something wrong. I'm new to this audiophile world so every advise is welcome
regular_smile .gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #862 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by zx10guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I just got the case Friday. I'll be putting it through its paces this week. So far I like it. The only draw back is I wish it had a provision for some sort of belt loop or a shoulder strap.

What is the model number of the Case Logic case? I am in search of a case and this looks it may work for me.

PEACE

Mark M

Oct 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM Post #865 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiFight77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PortaleRigrs.jpg

Very nice - what case is that? I need one of those.

Oct 7, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #866 of 1,113
Lots of great stuff here, I'm in awe of the kit and the photography skills!

Here's my modest little rig:

iPod Classic 80Gb > Canare/Neutrik mini-mini > Headsave GoVibe 1B > HeadDirect RE2s

DSCF8490.jpg

All packed away in their new case, a Lifeventure Large Digital Case

DSCF8495.jpg

When iPod travels alone, it travels in a Crumpler PP80
DSCF8497.jpg

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #868 of 1,113
Tom, i'm not one to bleat on about amping a headphone out, I amp my (very good) cowon's hp/o but the Ipods hp/o isnt as good, so when you have a lineout, you might as well use it. Invest in an LOD, for your setup, it will be worth the money.

For mine, well the D2's hp/o is very good and can almost mimic a Lineout.

A lineout isnt the be all and end all of all players IMO, my Cowon hp/o sounds pretty good amped, i amped my friends classic hp/o, and it didn't sound anywhere near as good, however i didn't have an LOD to try the lineout with, but my Zen vision M had a terrible headphone out (and lineout!) and the lineout was miles better.

I know this sounds crazy, but the D2 hp/o with a cheap cmoy sounds better than a crappy lineout and $200 (used price) Xin amp!

Lineout isnt the be all and end all, however if you have one, and not a great hp/o, its worth using it.

Nice cases too!

Matt

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:15 PM Post #869 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom, i'm not one to bleat on about amping a headphone out, I amp my (very good) cowon's hp/o but the Ipods hp/o isnt as good, so when you have a lineout, you might as well use it. Invest in an LOD, for your setup, it will be worth the money.

For mine, well the D2's hp/o is very good and can almost mimic a Lineout.

A lineout isnt the be all and end all of all players IMO, my Cowon hp/o sounds pretty good amped, i amped my friends classic hp/o, and it didn't sound anywhere near as good, however i didn't have an LOD to try the lineout with, but my Zen vision M had a terrible headphone out (and lineout!) and the lineout was miles better.

I know this sounds crazy, but the D2 hp/o with a cheap cmoy sounds better than a crappy lineout and $200 (used price) Xin amp!

Lineout isnt the be all and end all, however if you have one, and not a great hp/o, its worth using it.

Nice cases too!

Matt

Glad you like the cases; the Lifeventure was a find in an outdoor shop today, which prompted me to take new photos
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm aware of the benefits of line-out, and currently on the search for an LOD that fits my budget and aesthetic desires! I've not had the amp, or indeed been into this head-fi lark for all that long, and the mini-mini cable came with the amp (from eBay). Fear not, I will join the ranks of the LOD fans as soon as possible.

Thanks again
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #870 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom_s252 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm aware of the benefits of line-out, and currently on the search for an LOD that fits my budget and aesthetic desires! I've not had the amp, or indeed been into this head-fi lark for all that long, and the mini-mini cable came with the amp (from eBay). Fear not, I will join the ranks of the LOD fans as soon as possible.

Black or white

I bought a black one a couple weeks ago. To me, $15 is a bargain. Sounds super. Although, when I plug it in I get a message about firewire not being supported. I just Click the middle button to clear the message and enjoy.

Honestly, can't discern the difference between the $15 LOD and the LOD I soldered up using SPC wire.

btw, welcome to Head-fi. My apologies to your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back