Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XII]
Aug 20, 2008 at 10:45 AM Post #182 of 1,113
Jabada,

Would you provide some more information and pictures of those wicked FitEar ER4S?

The website lists:

For Professional Sound

Custom Inner Ear Monitor

FitEar Pro Audio

For Music

Custom Inner Ear Monitor

FitEar Private

Thanks. i'm digging those connectors.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM Post #183 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, where's that FiiO amp?
wink.gif

The UE11 really don't need no bass boost, believe you me.
wink.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #184 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by edart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh Vienna

Love that song edart, did not know anyone else even remembered it!

Like it without IModded lyrics though
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #185 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by geekchic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love that song edart, did not know anyone else even remembered it!

Like it without IModded lyrics though
tongue_smile.gif

Lord, I wish I could forget it!
Vienna has to be the worst and most bombastic Ultravox song ever written.
It's a case study of everything that was cheesy as heck about the eighties New Romantics.

I was living in the UK at the time it was a hit and there was no escaping it for weeks!

I was a huge Ultravox fan but Vienna was just awful.

Aug 21, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #189 of 1,113
Hi guys,

IPhone 3G 16GB black->shure IPhone adapter (wanted the inline mic)->SE530PTH......pretty modest at this point....great sounding though IMO
happy_face1.gif
530's are sensitive enough to drive without an amp but could use some tightening up in the bass so i'm getting one.
Attachment 7433

Attachment 7435

Spending my time making myself some custom IPhone L O D's while I wait till my PICO number is up.

Using Mundorf 4 strand silver/gold->silk->green/black (jester) teflex on top->terminated with switchcraft black/gold mini.

At the moment I have to be satisfied with this setup and test the L O D with my RME FF400 (or use that dodgy sounding shure volume attenuator)

Why the comply's and not shure black foamies you might ask.... I find the complies to be slightly tighter in the bass and not so muddy. They don't provide as good isolation as the olives and can get a bit grubby<-eww! but lets say the cold damp cloth is my friend
redface.gif

Even when my pico arrives and I have another box to carry around with me for my music. I still think it can be described as being truly portable as I dont have fill my pocket with another device<-a mobile.

IMO the IPhone 3G is actually a pretty good source and compares to any of the latest IPods (of course), It may not be as good as I remember my 3rd gen being but with the addition of a pico... Happy days. Also still considering the predator or the Iqube as I haven't received my request for payment from HEADAMP yet.
Unfortunately there isn't anywhere I can audition these amps to see which one I like here in brisbane; and as far as I know there isn't a brisbane chapter of head-fi as yet. So I have to rely on you guys to help me with my decision. You didn't let me down with my high end IEM conundrum. Although after reading many comparisons here I did have the Triple-fi's for a week until the cable became faulty (distorted output). luckily I was able to exchange for the SE530's. been happy as larry ever since. not as fatiguing and much more comfy and attractive to boot IMHO.

Amps?

wallet draining virus diagnosed

curse you head-fi

Aug 21, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #192 of 1,113
Excellent, Captain. Going au naturel with the Clip I see. Braver man than me...
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #194 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sweet stuff jabada.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow Jabada... I believe your q-JAY rig is the exact same as PetCed's. Even the colors match!

Yes, they are the same. I was going to pair the q-JAYS with a red Nano but I found a very cheap Shuffle and I couldn`t resist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jabada,

Would you provide some more information and pictures of those wicked FitEar ER4S?

The website lists:

For Professional Sound

Custom Inner Ear Monitor

FitEar Pro Audio

For Music

Custom Inner Ear Monitor

FitEar Private

Thanks. i'm digging those connectors.

My EarFit ER4S is a custom order, that is why you could't find them at the webpage.
The first job made by EarFit that I saw was rlanger's custom E500. I don't know if you can find his post but that custom E500 is really awesome.
Then I contacted Mr. Suyama to see if he could transform my ER4S into custom like the E500, and I got a positive reply.
The result you see in the pictures. My favourite IEM so far, and no fit problems from the first time.
If you google arround japanese blogs you'll find EarFit custom Super.fi 3/5 and triple.fi 10 PRO too.

Aug 22, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #195 of 1,113
Quote:

Originally Posted by lisnalee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably the last time my transportable rig will probably be seen like this
frown.gif

Cause its all up for sale to fund some new toys.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I remember that rig, there was a pic of it with an HD1000 (beautiful phones) right?
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back