Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
Jul 20, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #1,081 of 1,377
Portable-Rig-T9-UM2.jpg

The Westone 3s are just not coming any time soon
frown.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #1,082 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean the 3g model doesn't require an iphone specific LOD then?

nope, still needs the special lod. That shure adapter only works through the headphone jack, you cannot answer a phone call if there is a portable amp between the headphones and the iphone.

Jul 20, 2008 at 3:06 AM Post #1,083 of 1,377
This is possibly incorrect now since someone has already said that they are using it with an ALO Cyro dock. So it's possible the 3g model differs from the original iphone in this regard. One would have wonder why if that mean that it was incompatible with original iphone accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tpc41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nope, still needs the special lod. That shure adapter only works through the headphone jack, you cannot answer a phone call if there is a portable amp between the headphones and the iphone.

Jul 20, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #1,084 of 1,377
hmm i could definitely be wrong. A friend of mine upgraded to the newer iphone and said his 3g iphone still worked with his original iphone LOD. but i guess that doent mean it needs the iphone LOD, it just works with it. My mistake.

I believe the original iphone would work with a regular LOD but the iphone needed to be in a special mode and the LOD had to be in place before the iphone was powered on...

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #1,085 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^kind of a confusing post because you then say you don't know hahaha.

Well i dont know how they sound either, just pointing out that he made an absolute statement about a product he has not heard with his own ears. Like I said what he said may very well be true, but speak from experience, don't guess.

AND YES, Steffi, the regular iPod LOD's are just fine for the iphone 3g. Im using one right now.

Jul 20, 2008 at 5:42 AM Post #1,086 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
messed up full metal jackets...
how are those anyways? for 80$, there's WAY better(probably better for half), but I want to know.

I've been actually very satisfied with the Skull Candy Full metal jacket for the past year before the cable started to break. Though I never had some pair of high end earphone, I could still enjoy my music. I even lost the medium tips so I started using the Large ones but heck, my ears couldn't stand them for long period of times so I'm now using the Small ones which doesn't procure much seal or noise isolation. My dad bought them for me, I didn't even know they cost 80$. But if I were to choose some cheap pair of earphones, I'd probably ditch the Full Metal Jacket's because of the price. But for free, they're nice
biggrin.gif
Instead I'm waiting on a pair of SA6s with replaceable cable. YAY for replaceable cables!!

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:56 AM Post #1,087 of 1,377
none of my iPod LOD work with my iPhone
Including ALO jumbo cryo
Why?

Jul 20, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #1,088 of 1,377
My ALO Cryo Dock and my Punnisher low profile dock dont work with iPhone nor iPhone 3G. The reason is that the iPhones require pin 1 and 11 to be jumpered (according to Punnisher). Both ALO and Punnisher make versions of thier cables that work with th iPhones and these versions at the same time also works with normal iPods. Also according to Ken at ALO you need to turn of the phone connct/disconnect the dock and then turn the phone on again. And in the docked state calls don't get passed thru the dock so you can listen to them thrugh the headphone connected to the amp.

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #1,090 of 1,377
100_0861.jpg

My modest portable setup. Sony NWZ-A728 and Etymotic Research ER-4P with Shure medium black foams.

Jul 21, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #1,093 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a stock ER4P cable if I am not wrong

You are not wrong. The ER-4P has just simple black connectors instead of blue and red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back