Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
Jun 9, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #556 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how do they sound?
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing the new plug restores all the bass and treble the stock iBuds lack.

Jun 9, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #557 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by ricthaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't sell the Sony for a Cowon D2!!!!! The Sony is a great player. Beats the new ones imo still in size, looks and price!!!

I suggest you upgrade your earbuds. Those standard Sony's are good compared to other standard packed-in buds but you could do wayyyyyy better.

Greetz

It is realy hard to decide right. I try compare sound the Sony with iMac, the Sony is very good for pop, I listen many ganres but rock and metal mostly, sound is wide, detailed but something I lack in sound warmith, space fixed core I feel music near my head. iMac SQ with q-jays is realy good maybe bass is not real....... My last player Stormblue A9 didnt have strong clear bass like the Sony but A9 sound was sweet on flat with good highs I enjoyd also more then the Sony unfortunately.
It is only my opinion, every one has different ears. I want buy meier audio Headsix in future. Many people recomend me mainly the clip and D2 for only SQ.

Jun 9, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #560 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marduk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dsc00015ar0.jpg

I finally completed my (poor mans) rig =).

I like that!

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #562 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_X
Love that iPod Mini skin. Who makes those?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marduk
Hmm, I like it =3. Don't you?

It's a so called GelaSkin; I had bought the same skin for my Macbook some time ago and decided it would fit my iPod pretty well - especially in combination with my amp. I thought these were rather popular, but much to my suprise, i haven't seen many of them around here or at anythingbutipod =/.

=D

Jun 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #564 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL filipelli, why have you put some fancy plug on the ibuds?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oya? /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how do they sound?
biggrin.gif

They mids are very pronounced, isolation wonderful, fair amount of treble, great bass, bright and warm at the same time, clarity impeccable and they spew sunshine and rainbows from each driver.

Haha JK! Just a little practice retermination in preparation for my coming pk2. Going to shorten and recable that sucker!

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #565 of 1,377
Was feeling decidedly 'floral' today, so. . .

R1-2.jpg

Jun 10, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #568 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertInTheShape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a few tries and many wasted dollars I now own a portable rig that truly suites me, one that I am really proud of.

Rockboxed 5.5 gen IPOD with nothing but FLAC files.
Livewires
WANT leather case

That is looking very good. Do you have a link to the website of WANT cases?
edit: Found it: WANT Les Essentiels de la Vie

And do you have problems using all the goodies in rockbox without audio dropouts or extreme leg in the userinterface? That's some of the trouble i have with my 3G iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back