pr7ano3.jpg

What happen to your LOD ?? It looks strange
confused.gif

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:27 PM Post #47 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pics of you wearing it outside or it's not true
eek.gif

hehe, i actually used them outside yesterday, but they are mainly for school and other places were i cant bring my stat rig... although i could probably hook the floats up to a car battery for even more outdoor shame...

Apr 20, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #48 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

i saw some LODs like this one, i think it is just a different type of cable. no idea if it has advantages / disadvantages..

Apr 20, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #50 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want your cans.

And that new sony mp3 player(that the person on page 2 has)looks amazing.

Thanks! That would be my brand spankin' new NWZ-A829 I believe....
biggrin.gif
The sound quality matches its form factor too! Wonderful. I came from a Trekstor Vibez, and this is a definite improvement.

Apr 20, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #52 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif

It's one of TURBO's. When you hold it up to the light you can see a normal (3-strand?) braided cable underneath the cable wrap. I'm not really sure what kind of wrap it is.

d1if6.jpg

d2hr5.jpg

Quickie pics before school. >:

Apr 20, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #54 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by trickywombat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iPod Touch 8gb --> ALO Silver Cryo-X --> Meier HeadSix --> Denon AH-D1001http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff233/trickywombat/iPodTouchdockconnector.jpg[/i]
[/td] [/tr] [/table]

I hope the pic doesn't quote too.
How well does this work for you? I'm considering that iPod... it would go to a powered amp in a head unit though, not a portable amp. Is it nearly audiophile quality, or would you recommend another player?

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #55 of 1,377
Quote:

t's one of TURBO's. When you hold it up to the light you can see a normal (3-strand?) braided cable underneath the cable wrap. I'm not really sure what kind of wrap it is.

Looks like Techflex. It flattens like that when you bend it past a certain radius.

One solution to prevent this would be to slide your wires through a bit of silicon or plastic tubing. You could play with colors too, say black tubing and silver techflex.

I'm pretty sure you can see lots and lots of pics from people who have done this in the DIY cable thread.

Or if you don't mind the flattening, you can always leave it as it is.

Apr 21, 2008 at 11:19 AM Post #56 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like Techflex. It flattens like that when you bend it past a certain radius.

One solution to prevent this would be to slide your wires through a bit of silicon or plastic tubing. You could play with colors too, say black tubing and silver techflex.

I'm pretty sure you can see lots and lots of pics from people who have done this in the DIY cable thread.

Or if you don't mind the flattening, you can always leave it as it is.

Oh, so that's what Techflex is? You'll have to excuse me since I've never done any DIY myself, either in cables or other audio.

Then again, I'm kind of piqued enough that I might make my next purchases some soldering tools etc. instead of more headphones. I want to make some right angle mini-to-minis to use with a stevenkelby-type dock (the one with a USB jack in it).

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #57 of 1,377
I've found a pic of a REALLY OLD portable rig of mine.

It's what I used about 3 years ago. In my terms that's ages ago!
I just found the photograph when I was searching through my Mac and thought it'd be fun to post it here.

Afbeelding62.jpg

It's an old Sony MZ-NH900 Hi-MD. For those who are unfamiliar with it; it's form the first Hi-MD line-up the second best player (MZ-NH1 was flagship model)

Hooked-up to that (you can see the 3.5mm jackplug) are Sony MDR-EX71's (I know, but they were my first introduction to the wonderfull world of IEM's!!)

Greetz

Apr 22, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #59 of 1,377
^^^^ I envy your rig.. Awesomely color matched too! Makes me even more jealous because my 2Move won't match my black D2 now because they ran out of black ones... But seriously, GREAT RIG!

Apr 22, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #60 of 1,377
Thanks =). This rig is really nice, and thin! I am waiting on a low profile LOD from Punnisher to cap it all off...it will then be perfect in my eyes.

I just want to say, what I really like about this rig is that I don't need a strap. I used double sided tape to hold the super mini together with the nano...it's perfect.

Pack of cards comparo a la monolith.
IMG_0284.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back