Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XI]
Apr 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #136 of 1,377
Sorry, my english is too poor to describe correctly what it is.
tongue.gif

Otherwise they are balanced and rather neutral but with a very rough side, I mean not polite and not very sweet.

For example with good settings you can easily be found on each signature that looks like UM2 coupled as the mid/treble of er4.

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #137 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's an odd and irrelevant question.. (no offense)

Perhaps you should have said "how do they sound?", as the number of drivers don't determine good sound, necessarily.

Actually, was a question out of curiosity. No offense taken. I agree on number of drivers vs. sound quality, owning dual drivers that are night and day. But that was the question that popped in my head. Sorry if its odd or irrelevant.

Apr 27, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #138 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, was a question out of curiosity. No offense taken. I agree on number of drivers vs. sound quality, owning dual drivers that are night and day. But that was the question that popped in my head. Sorry if its odd or irrelevant.

You're sorry? I re-read what I said, and I wish I could take it back.

I just read the # of drivers portion and just jumped to conclusions about number of drivers being directly related to sound quality, or XX is better than just X- but you never said it was. Your question was perfectly relevant, I was out of line and went on a semi-rant. My apologies.
redface.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #142 of 1,377
^^^ you don't need to upgrade. Trust me
smily_headphones1.gif
You would want to, but I think you should wait until Cowon releases the successor because the X5 still surpasses many of the players out at this moment from what I've read. I've had that thought with my Cowon D2, but I realized how well it's served me and I decided to keep on using it until it goes dead.

OR if its the portability issue, get a D2 with a memory card
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #143 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P1000206.jpg

cowon d2 with 8gb a data sdhc card

rsa tomahawk amplifier

shure e2c headphones

What an incredibly odd setup. Why bother running what are frankly very low end IEMs through an amp like that? Selling the amp and the E2s and getting IEMs with the combined profits would net a *much* better result, no?

Apr 28, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #144 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
respect to xnothingpoetic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

x3
wink.gif

No worries. I've come across that a lot too, but I am clearly in your camp regarding the driver/sq argument. My Ue5c and Livewires are seriously night and day.

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #145 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What an incredibly odd setup. Why bother running what are frankly very low end IEMs through an amp like that? Selling the amp and the E2s and getting IEMs with the combined profits would net a *much* better result, no?

Agreed.
But he probably got the TH under extraneous circumstances or is in transition from one phone to another (selling an old one waiting for a new one). I know if I got a tomahawk i wouldnt sell it even though my phones couldnt fully utilize it.

Jon

Apr 28, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #146 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmageshazam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed.
But he probably got the TH under extraneous circumstances or is in transition from one phone to another (selling an old one waiting for a new one). I know if I got a tomahawk i wouldnt sell it even though my phones couldnt fully utilize it.

Jon

That's what I was thinking.

Even so however, bothering to carry it around in a portable rig for the small help it can give to those IEMs seems silly to me.

Apr 28, 2008 at 8:45 AM Post #147 of 1,377
Recently bought a protection case for my U3, cost me $50 but it was worth it. It came with a 360° rotational beltclip, excellent quality.

f_php9oylG0AMm_ec7cac3.jpg

f_phpEHVAGfAMm_d4134a1.jpg

Here are some smaller pics of the case + beltclip

f_001m_51726f1.jpg

f_002m_9055d79.jpg

f_003m_bb769c9.jpg

f_007m_4e782c2.jpg

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #149 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidewinder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Recently bought a protection case for my U3, cost me $50 but it was worth it. It came with a 360° rotational beltclip, excellent quality.

f_002m_9055d79.jpg

Well, I've got to say, that is a very nice case. $50 though, ouch.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 28, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #150 of 1,377
Quote:

Originally Posted by monolith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well i have had the shure's for well over a year, so they were first then the d2 and lastly the tomahawk.
i know the shures aint upto much but like all things they are upgradeable through time.

thanks for the constructive criticism tho
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back