Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Mar 29, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #692 of 1,011
i sandblasted the body, then sprayed it with top quality gun metal paint, then i made the squirts with a flat black paint spray can... and i yes i sanded and painted the bottom, top and button as well... came out nice, i like it

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #693 of 1,011
I wanna do to my iPod video what EFN did to his (add a matte black finish). It looks so nice, but I don't know what kind of paint to use, and I really don't want to take my iPod apart again.

Mar 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #694 of 1,011
I received the last parts for my rig today (yay!):

remotene7.jpg

Sorry bout the crappy pic but its too dark for a proper shoot
tongue.gif

-Semi Rockboxed diyMod Mini 2g (Apple OS for longer battery life, rockbox for higher sq)
-Quables LOD
-Meier Audio 2Move
-Shure SE530
-Griffin Airclick iPod mini remote

This fits snug inside my backpack, so its no longer a transportable rig but now its fully portable with the controls on the strap on my backpack
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #695 of 1,011
The color is cool. love it.

^what is tha on your ipod

Mar 30, 2008 at 10:56 AM Post #699 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess the sticker, as its on your ipod.

Matt

That would be my very low-budget iPod protector, its just just a big Levi's sticker i wrapped around the pod to give it a bit more protection against scratches.. I think ill be taking it off soon because i now have a really nice little bag where i keep it all in. On the other hand, with my fancy remote i never take the ipod/amp out of my bag so who cares about the looks
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #700 of 1,011
ok here we go.. 4GB White D2 from NCIX.com, protected in an Altoids Wintergreen Mints tin with some packing foam. I use have a hole drilled to reach the menu and volume buttons, and I use a guitar pick to access the power switch
tongue.gif

I'm currently using some px100s, and am about to build a 75ohm adapter for it. Currently looking for some good iems.

hpim1139.jpg

hpim1141.jpg

tatescreen.jpg

These custom plugs can be used as tips for any ETY IEMS which is really cool. I'm hoping i can get something similar made for some Qjays since they add more bass but have issues with filters needing frequent replacing.

Mar 31, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #701 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingbuzzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok here we go.. 4GB White D2 from NCIX.com, protected in an Altoids Wintergreen Mints tin with some packing foam. I use have a hole drilled to reach the menu and volume buttons, and I use a guitar pick to access the power switch
tongue.gif

I'm currently using some px100s, and am about to build a 75ohm adapter for it. Currently looking for some good iems.

hpim1139.jpg

hpim1141.jpg

tatescreen.jpg

These custom plugs can be used as tips for any ETY IEMS which is really cool. I'm hoping i can get something similar made for some Qjays since they add more bass but have issues with filters needing frequent replacing.

Pretty nice I have a 4gb white myself. Not too crazy about open cans though. is the adapter for bass??

Mar 31, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #702 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty nice I have a 4gb white myself. Not too crazy about open cans though. is the adapter for bass??

Yes, it is supposed to improve bass response with low impedance phones

Mar 31, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #704 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by savedbythebell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys, New boy in town, some great info on here! Heres my junior rig! iAudio 7 + Practical Devices XM4 + AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-ES7 .

Welcome to Head-Fi, I was going to say sorry for you wallet but i guess that's too late
biggrin.gif

Thats a very nice starter rig!!

Mar 31, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #705 of 1,011
Wow that Cowon D2 made ma drool a little. Too bad they are only 4 gigs. thats nothing... Nice rig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back