Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part X]
Feb 25, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #317 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not really silly if you care about sound quality

not a joke

but it did go way over your head

i mean i care about sound quality but i mean apparently every--, well most, have drawn a line where functionality and ease line has been drawn since they've decided to use an MP3 player. I guess lossless might be an exception but running a DAC to an AMP and then to a full size open ended headphone is just down right silly with four separate interconnects for my assumption of different channels?

I understand some IEM, i even understand an IEM with an amp or maybe some closed cans, but some of these rigs you can't really consider them a transportable either they're so big and inconvenient. I always thought the H140, optical line out, to a dac, and finally an amp was pushing the limits, hence transportable.

i mean i have my mp3 player and akg k81s or pk1's when im walking around campus and if i'm at a long library session i'll bring my xenos x1ha but even then i feel its a bit much.

whatever floats your boat i guess and who am i to judge.

(as you can tell from my long response im procrastinating on a lab report)

Feb 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM Post #318 of 1,011
6cb184c4fb50.jpg

653ab76cf1fa.jpg

4c238d7f7077.jpg

7c324dea3f72.jpg

Feb 25, 2008 at 4:52 PM Post #322 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by xlEnt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i mean i care about sound quality but i mean apparently every--, well most, have drawn a line where functionality and ease line has been drawn since they've decided to use an MP3 player. I guess lossless might be an exception but running a DAC to an AMP and then to a full size open ended headphone is just down right silly with four separate interconnects for my assumption of different channels?

I understand some IEM, i even understand an IEM with an amp or maybe some closed cans, but some of these rigs you can't really consider them a transportable either they're so big and inconvenient. I always thought the H140, optical line out, to a dac, and finally an amp was pushing the limits, hence transportable.

i mean i have my mp3 player and akg k81s or pk1's when im walking around campus and if i'm at a long library session i'll bring my xenos x1ha but even then i feel its a bit much.

whatever floats your boat i guess and who am i to judge.

(as you can tell from my long response im procrastinating on a lab report)

I think what you are missing is this as I go back to your first post...HIFlight77 has an iMod and as such you need to have a dock that has capacitors in-line and so their are three basic options (the first two for portability only) 1) have the (black gate) caps in the LOD 2) Have a portable V-Cap Dock (Using bigger caps which makes the iMod's output sound even better) or 3) a V-Cap or Auricap Dock.
If you do not use the caps in line as above you can damage your other gear as the iMod is an iPod that has been modified to have a true line out.
HiFlight77 has used a Portable Vcap dock and as such needs the two interconnects you are talking about. On top of that the Portable V-Cap dock allows you to have both a 1/8th inch out to your amp and a two rca stereo out, so as he showed in his picture he has a pico amp for portability, and he also has a Lisa Amp for which he has the RCA ICs for when he wants to use that amp.
I think if you do a little research on the iMod then you would understand why his setup is the way it is, and maybe it wouldn't be over your head
wink.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #325 of 1,011
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
arsenium, where did you get those tips?

DIY? if so how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2

would love to know where/how you got the ER4 tips!

yes, do tell, I'm interested
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #327 of 1,011
Teclast C280

Headphonia Lyrix Pro

Homemade interconnect. Made from a 25 year old "vintage" cable I found in a dumpster at work.

ER4P's

P1010057.JPG

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:11 AM Post #328 of 1,011
Those acrylic custom tips were made by audiologist in Russia. Original silicon tips have parasite absorbtion of low frequencies and was not comfortable for my ears. Acrylic tips produce very detailed, strong bass, amazing middle but high frecuencies become a kind of harsh. As a solve of this problem I have added to ety's filters microscopical ball of cotton wool. Now sound is fabulous!

Feb 26, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #329 of 1,011
Hmm seems I'm going to have to go torture to audiologist to get me some custom tips like this...did you have to take the Ety's in there or did he know the measurements of the nozzle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back