Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
Jun 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #316 of 1,186
PortableRig.jpg

Imod + Xin Reference + UE SF5 Pro Red Cherries
etysmile.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:14 PM Post #317 of 1,186
Here is my humble rig- for ultra portable, replace the Beyer's with SE 310's and the 4th Gen ipod with a nano.

DSCN1475.jpg

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #319 of 1,186
he probably got one of the beta versions, just as i have. i emailed xin right after mrarroyo posted the xin reference amp thread.

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #321 of 1,186
Sad to hear you downgraded...

Question is Attaching Pictures frowned upon here?...because Im going to do it this time.

What I have is, e3c, Zen Vision M, White PSP, and some really crappy ATH-Pro MS 5?...idk I got it cause I think they look cool...clearly everyone will have a difference in opinion. I should have gotten the nice white ones they were selling for half the price.

img0762ua1.jpg

img0764zw0.jpg

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #323 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm selling everything and downgrading to this:

eek.gif

blink.gif

tongue.gif

Lol, you are joking right?
mad.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:32 PM Post #324 of 1,186
I'm a head-fi newbie and here's my first proper rig
580smile.gif

My C&C just arrived today and didn't come with a free charging adapter plug as was promised on headb
mad.gif

It didnt come with a great manual either so I was wondering what the high/low impendance settings should be used for and what difference it makes appart from the volume. Im guessing low impendance for my shure e3c and high for HD595?

Also I don't know exactly what the gain control is either, does it just increase volume or does it increase SQ aswell?

Thanks!

Shure e3c / HD 595, C&C XO, Ipod

6fhyiwh.jpg

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #325 of 1,186
Hog, thats a sweet looking rig! Hows it sound?

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #326 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It didnt come with a great manual either so I was wondering what the high/low impendance settings should be used for and what difference it makes appart from the volume. Im guessing low impendance for my shure e3c and high for HD595?

Also I don't know exactly what the gain control is either, does it just increase volume or does it increase SQ aswell?

Actually, low impedance might be fine for your HD 595 as well. Just try out the different settings and see whats best.

Gain control (I'm fairly sure) is the 'base' volume output at which it starts. In others words, higher gain means that the volume will be greater than lower gain at the same dial setting.

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #327 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

High (input) impedance is for high-powered home sources.

Low (input) impedance is for low/medium-powered portable sources (iPods, et cetera).

Basically if you have a very strong signal being fed into the amp, switch to high impedance. Otherwise, keep it at low.

Jun 20, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #328 of 1,186
It does make a SQ difference in MANY amps. Example? I prefer the High gain setting on a Tomahawk, as the low gain does give you more volume knob travel, but it sounds anemic by comparison. The same opinion comes from many others, while some think it's just placebo....there's no way it's placebo when you can EASILY make it out everytime.

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:49 PM Post #329 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hog, thats a sweet looking rig! Hows it sound?

Thanks!

It sounds great I was having my doubts about the e3c before I had this amp but with this amp and the bass compensation turned on the e3c sounds crystal clear with just the right amount of bass, sounds very rich about as good as my HD595 I would say but my ears are a little new to high-fi
tongue.gif
Instruments sound like they are right next to you, 'tis great
etysmile.gif
. Same goes for 595, they don't sound as muffled and clearer sound etc.

Thanks for the replys on my questions gain is now set at high
wink.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #330 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1nf1n1ty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sad to hear you downgraded...

img0762ua1.jpg

How do you like the G5? And what mousepad is that?

I've got the G15 keyboard also, its pretty nice
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back