Jun 20, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #331 of 1,186
Prefer to travel light.

Picture032.jpg

Jun 20, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #333 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
!!!BOSE!!!
evil_smiley.gif

lol..if bose is right for him, why not..its a good product too..
cool.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #334 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!

It sounds great I was having my doubts about the e3c before I had this amp but with this amp and the bass compensation turned on the e3c sounds crystal clear with just the right amount of bass, sounds very rich about as good as my HD595 I would say but my ears are a little new to high-fi
tongue.gif
Instruments sound like they are right next to you, 'tis great
etysmile.gif
. Same goes for 595, they don't sound as muffled and clearer sound etc.

Thanks for the replys on my questions gain is now set at high
wink.gif

Lol, thats exactly what I though when I first got the e3's! I was a newbie to head-fi....soon enough though, you will have more expensive cans. Then again, you moved into the 595's waaay quicker than I did
cool.gif

Jun 20, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #335 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol, thats exactly what I though when I first got the e3's! I was a newbie to head-fi....soon enough though, you will have more expensive cans. Then again, you moved into the 595's waaay quicker than I did
cool.gif

Bye bye wallet
frown.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #338 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesfan70 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hog,

I love that amp. When I first glanced at it, I thought it was a flask LOL!!!

Lol, thats true!

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #339 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bye bye wallet
frown.gif

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #340 of 1,186
definitely a cool looking amp, Hog. Hows it sound? My only concern would be, that if you wanna take it with you somewhere (it IS a portable rig after all), the flat side would be piggy-backed with the back of the ipod. Where would you rest it down? Its either on the curved side of the amp or the face of the ipod.

Jun 21, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #341 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberspyder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
!!!BOSE!!!
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, yeah...I know. But it has a nice, warm and comforting sound signature. If you toss aside the Bose-bashing mentality and just listen for a while to these things, they're kind of addictive.

Of course, as with all things audio, YMMV.

Ciao,

Jun 21, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #345 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
definitely a cool looking amp, Hog. Hows it sound? My only concern would be, that if you wanna take it with you somewhere (it IS a portable rig after all), the flat side would be piggy-backed with the back of the ipod. Where would you rest it down? Its either on the curved side of the amp or the face of the ipod.

I rest it on the velvet bag it came with like so. I could also put the amp in its leather case it came with but it's really tight and hard to put on but I like to look at the amp aswell
tongue.gif

Check my colour co-ordination black amp, white ipod, blue rubber band, brown rubber band
etysmile.gif

6fkj61l.jpg

As for sound, it sounds great. I'm no expert so I can't give you a proper comparison. Bass sounds nice and sharp, its now a Bang instead of a thud. Basicly everything is sharp and crystal clear
wink.gif

*Edit*
Gain switched back to low as it was hissing with it up high whereas at low there is not hiss at all.

P.S They're shipping my misplaced adapter plug after I sent 'em an e-mail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back