May 17, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 1,186
498982180_10a4b46d6e.jpg

The Hi-Fi iGuy!

RWA iMod -> ALO Cryo-X IC -> RSA Hornet -> AKG K701

May 17, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
uh oh

do I feel a SiBurning bomber rig coming on?

icon10.gif
lol

... all color matched in ACE Hardware Black Epoxy of course...the night bomber
ph34r.gif

May 17, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kramer5150, how is the reception out of the Sony am/fm? Does it fade in and out much? Thanks.

I don't really have much to baseline it against unfortunately. I dont listen to FM radio much anymore, since all the local stations in my area have converted to spanish-only folk music.

So its my AM radio sports-rig really. For that its good (not great). In a moving car AM tends to fade a little, but thats only with really weak signals. Stronger stations (KNBR) come in loud/clear, although I find myself rotating the unit back and forth somewhat frequently to adjust the AM antenna.

Walking around on the street and inside the house they're great though.

Tuning is a little difficult, if you don't know your local station numbers. Theres no "SEEK" mode, so you have to click up and down the dial and manually listen to the stations as you get near them.

But still... I am happy with it, and feel I got my $40 worth when I want something small and portable.

I think I'm going to try a Sangean (SP?) model since my local Frys sells them.

May 17, 2007 at 2:13 AM Post #20 of 1,186
jinp6301 & GreatDane:

Yep.....that the direction me heading to
very_evil_smiley.gif

...now I am practicing rigging some C4 in between my SMIV and H120
tongue.gif
....now just awaiting for MicroDAC with Plutonium upgrades.....

In time SiBurning's padawan bomber will be ready for action
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Packgrog:
I'll pay a visit to mysticriver sometime soon. Thanks
wink.gif

May 17, 2007 at 11:20 AM Post #21 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup DasBot. Curious... does your phone have an "airplane" mode? that de-activates the cell-phone portion for airline travel?

curious...

thanks,
Garrett

Yes, it has "offline mode" also known as "flight mode".

May 17, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #22 of 1,186
It's still new, I'm still pumped about it, so I'll post it!

hornet.jpg

Those are velcro straps btw, not tractor-trailer tires.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #24 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really have much to baseline it against unfortunately. I dont listen to FM radio much anymore, since all the local stations in my area have converted to spanish-only folk music.

So its my AM radio sports-rig really. For that its good (not great). In a moving car AM tends to fade a little, but thats only with really weak signals. Stronger stations (KNBR) come in loud/clear, although I find myself rotating the unit back and forth somewhat frequently to adjust the AM antenna.

Walking around on the street and inside the house they're great though.

Tuning is a little difficult, if you don't know your local station numbers. Theres no "SEEK" mode, so you have to click up and down the dial and manually listen to the stations as you get near them.

But still... I am happy with it, and feel I got my $40 worth when I want something small and portable.

I think I'm going to try a Sangean (SP?) model since my local Frys sells them.

Thanks for the information, I listen mostly to jazz and we have an "smooth jazz"
redface.gif
station and a real jazz station left in South Florida. So you have a valid point in not much of a reason to have a radio. Thanks.

May 18, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #29 of 1,186
search for Lisa Mod, it makes the sound very different! Faster , more treble... Everything is a bit clearer sounding. But it depends on what mood I'm in, sometimes when I'm longing for that Warm fat sound I go back to the old pads
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back