Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
Jun 9, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #241 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcard30 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
slwiser very nice looking rig.

Sounds really fine as well. Almost as good as my desktop equipment.

No that was enjoyment speaking, they are not of the quality of my home unit yet. I would expect the AE-1 to be a big delta here.

Jun 9, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #242 of 1,186
P6091754-trekstor-720.jpg

Jun 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM Post #243 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P6091754-trekstor-720.jpg

Niiiice! I love the Atrio, and I recall trying the Vibez with my EM3 at the NYC meet and loved it. Great little DAP!

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #245 of 1,186
Here it is. I have been meaning to take some pics of my new iMod rig for a while now, but its taken me a while to get around to it.

My rig is:
- 4G 60 iMod Photo with Contour Showcase Case and 1200 mAh iPodJuice battery
- Rap Around Cryo-X-Silver IC
- RSA Tomahawk Amp
- UE Triple.Fi 10 Pro Phones

A few things to mention:
- The amp is stuck to the case with velcro. I dont plan to ever take them apart as long as this is my rig; the velcro is actually very secure.
- I have rubber feet on the top of my tomahawk since I am basically using it upside-down. I originally did this because I couldnt bear to put black velcro on top of the RSA logo on the tomahawk, but it actually works quite nice this way. When I first got this setup, I was using a charity bracelet to hold everything together (with the amp right side up) and getting the iMod cable and headphone cable plugged into the amp was a very tight squeeze and it was not easy to plug and unplug the headphones. Flip the amp, and there is plenty of room - as you can see
icon10.gif

rigFront.jpg

rigBottom.jpg

rigBack.jpg

Jun 9, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #246 of 1,186
Wow, that silver TH is a beauty.

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #247 of 1,186
wow, that ipod case is huge (or it passes the illusion of being huge).

Jun 9, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #248 of 1,186
It's a Contour showcase I think, and I don't think it's that big. (except for the opening clip on the right)
it's just that the TH is small. :p

Jun 9, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #249 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a Contour showcase I think, and I don't think it's that big. (except for the opening clip on the right)
it's just that the TH is small. :p

haha yeah that too, but i feel like it's very large in comparison to the size of his hand and how big an ipod is without a case. looks like it adds quite a bit of dimension!

Jun 12, 2007 at 8:11 AM Post #252 of 1,186
Well, here is what I currently have...

Portables2.JPG

This is due to be upgraded very soon! I am looking for a high capacity dap to add to this mix, likely a 30gb ipod or Zen: Vision.

Jun 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM Post #253 of 1,186
142087.jpg

The amp is stuck with double sided mirror mounting tape as it is not leaving the iMod as long as either part keeps working and I am still able to slide the cover of to change the batteries. The cable is held in place with sticky back cable mounts. To carry it I use a GameBoyAdvanced belt pack that my son no longer use. The system fits snugly leaving a hest at the top for the Atrio's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back