Pictures of your portable rig part VIII
May 29, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #136 of 1,186
PeterDLai/gz76,

Yep, they are a hassle on the dust front. Just had to cover the thing to avoid scratches, so this does the job for the mo.

I'm planning to replace this with a RadTech Sleevz case (http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevziPod5G.aspx). The case I'm referring to was shown in one of the earlier posts (sorry can't give credit/recall who had posted their rig with such a case). It looks like it'll meet my requirements of an unassuming, low profile case without the dust magnet symptom.

May 29, 2007 at 11:23 AM Post #137 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing I never understood was how people can stand silicone cases. In my experience, they are super dust magnets and it really bothered me.

I suppose you can wash them once in a while, but I guess I'm too lazy. Is there such thing as non-dust-attracting silicone?

I got a translucent white silicone zCover for my Cowon X5, a friend of mine got the black one. Mine didn't show lint from the beginning on, his looked like it had a bad case of dandruff. But his stopped attracting all the lint after a month or two... I assume the case became less electrostatic, or something similar.

In any case, seems like lighter silicone cases aren't as bad lint-magnets as darker colored ones.

May 29, 2007 at 1:18 PM Post #138 of 1,186
dsc00976hs6.jpg

dsc00977sl7.jpg

dsc00978di9.jpg

Sony NW-HD5, RS Tomahawk, Yuin PK1

May 30, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #142 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^you don't use foamies on your pk1's? My pk2's lose all of their bass when you take the foamies off. Why don't you use the foam?

He might prefer a cleaner sound.

May 30, 2007 at 11:21 AM Post #146 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by lt.milo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^you don't use foamies on your pk1's? My pk2's lose all of their bass when you take the foamies off. Why don't you use the foam?

There's plenty bass for me without them, and I find it more comfortable too. They're great phones for sure.

May 30, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #147 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's 'cos the mere mention of rap on this here forum and people don cloaks and pick up their pitchforks!
biggrin.gif

Rofl, the only rap you'll ever hear me listen to is a German "band" called Seeed.

May 30, 2007 at 3:06 PM Post #148 of 1,186
Quote:

Rofl, the only rap you'll ever hear me listen to is a German "band" called Seeed.

Are you from Germany? I cannot imagine anyone hearing Seeed outside of German speaking countries.

May 30, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #149 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you from Germany? I cannot imagine anyone hearing Seeed outside of German speaking countries.

Nope, a friend went do Germany over the summer last year for school, met some guys that introduced them to him, and he brought back a cd. Great stuff though!

I don't speak German either!

May 30, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #150 of 1,186
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does hov sound on those iems???? this is the first time i saw someone with a classic rap album in headfi.

sounds great. after going through super.fi 5's (not worth the money) and shure e3c (uncomfortable and a little to much in the mids), ive been in love with the um1s for a long time. i use the R&B eq setting with rap and that pairs up well for me.

good to see another fan of the good stuff. d'evils is definitely my favorite hov track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back