Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Apr 14, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #781 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my setup...
DSCN1797.jpg

The sound is fabulous, especially considering its low cost.

That CDP looks ancient. I have a Panasonic SL S160 that has been abused and still won't give up.

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #782 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kontai69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my setup...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/thaiguy69/DSCN1797.jpg[/IMG]
The sound is fabulous, especially considering its low cost.

How much of a difference does the Airhead make with the ksc75?

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #783 of 1,013
i have a pair of stock ksc75s with me and i find that they do not benefit that much from amps nor show changes in interconnect. now if you recabled it and have it kramer modded thats a whole different story.

Apr 14, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #784 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That CDP looks ancient. I have a Panasonic SL S160 that has been abused and still won't give up.

Mine is a SL-S165, so it is basically the same player as yours. I bought it new in 1996, used it a few times, then stored it away for 10+ years before I started using it again. It should give me many more years of service.
icon10.gif
As you know, these vintage units are made it Japan and have much better build quality than the newer junk PCP sold these days. They also have line outputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much of a difference does the Airhead make with the ksc75?

Good question. I did A/B comparisons between the Total Airhead (TAH) and the headphone output of the Panasonic (which is quite powerful). The TAH was fed with the line out from the Pany. The TAH is a little warmer, has better controlled bass, with slightly rolled off treble. The TAH sounds a little more spacious with the crossfeed circuit activated. The TAH is also more convenient since the volume knob is easier to access and turn. To me the TAH is worth it for the $100 sale price I paid.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:24 PM Post #785 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by koike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have a pair of stock ksc75s with me and i find that they do not benefit that much from amps nor show changes in interconnect. now if you recabled it and have it kramer modded thats a whole different story.

On the contrary, I have found KSC-75 to be very responsive to amp, even CMOY will drive KSC-75 nicely, let alone a highly reputed amp

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:31 PM Post #786 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the contrary, I have found KSC-75 to be very responsive to amp, even CMOY will drive KSC-75 nicely, let alone a highly reputed amp

I agree, imo the KSC75/35 are one of the most responsive cans to amps.

Apr 14, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #787 of 1,013
mm maybe i haven't spent enough time with one.
borrowed one for about a day ^^;
i like the re-cabled ones though.

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #790 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by dr.morton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Better question: Is it safe to have a hard drive lying next to it?

Lol these simpleton spinny magnets are 5+ years old.
And a big Ferk "no" they have F all effect to my HD or tommy/ipod thingy.

Jimmeh...

Apr 17, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #791 of 1,013
Back in '99, I owned a 32MB Rio player, 1st gen. It was pretty novel back in the day. Then I dropped out of the portable music scene for a few years. This past February I invested in a U3 because I found a 1gig new for $60... then last month I found some Shure E2Gs on Headroom's B-stock page for about the same, and got an account here at head-fi... and then this month I found an old carry bag I bought like ten years ago and picked up an IC and a LDM+...

Now the hour and a half I spend walking & on the metro around DC each day are much more enjoyable.
biggrin.gif
Props to nsjong & Abouna for making good gear available at good prices, Headroom for their killer service, and youse guys for loads of entertainment & good advice. My savings account will soon hate you all.

open.JPG

in-use.JPG

Apr 17, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #793 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by nismo96 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So random-adam, you're a mtn biker?

Yup.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back