Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Apr 8, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #751 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you have supermacro on your sig, so does that mean you've put in an order for a supermicro too? alright! thats the head-fi spirit!

Yeah, two reasons:

1. Need something to tie me over for when the SMIVLE goes in for an upgrade.

2. There's only one way to really compare equipment, and that's to use it. Reading about it will only take you so far …

Quote:

Originally Posted by choariwap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw, the ALO IC i have there is 7 inches tip to tip, switchcraft plugs. the neutrik ones will stick out on top and side and wont be flush against the imod/micro. i used a hair dryer to heat it before bending it to the desired shape. holds very after cooling.

Yup, that's the way. But I wrap it from the top to the bottom using the SMIVLE. It's the one in the picture that Nick posted. I ordered it just when Ken was prototyping them.

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #752 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by `Black /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice but is that not a bit too loud? I hear with my HD650 at ~2-3 when the Hornet is connected to my iPod and that is already loud. (and my files are all 89db!)

Uh, well, I use The Hornet on medium gain, that's why I have the knob turned that way up.

Apr 9, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #753 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Hunter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Uh, well, I use The Hornet on medium gain, that's why I have the knob turned that way up.

That is still amazing, with the gain in Low I do not go above 10:30 or 11:00 even with HD600 or DT990 (250 ohm).

Apr 9, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #754 of 1,013
ipodrig.jpg

Apr 9, 2007 at 5:37 AM Post #755 of 1,013
Wow Prada phone. Looks very sleek. sounds good?
Quote:

Originally Posted by drlau9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dunno if you need an amp to make it a personal rig, but I find outputs on my old sony HD5 and the new LG KE850 (Prada) rather sufficient. Admittedly the LG has a slight edge over the Sony Hd5's renouned sound, when paired up with the UE 5 Pros.

What do you think?

Dr.

Apr 9, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #757 of 1,013
hey dawalsh,

The sound is terrific, although this model only accepts micro sd cards the memory is rather limited. However the sound is just perfect for me, the sony hd5 lacked the wide sound. The sound created from this device sounds so so much bigger, however there is a small gripe to the mp3 feature and it is the mp3 whilst using the remote. There is no way to activate mp3 player using the remote, you have to unlock the main unit and a quick press on the mp3 button. But other than that everything is terrific.

You can see the photo quality this device produces here: (apologies for the off topic link)
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1140919

Dr.

Apr 11, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #760 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
Ok now I am showing off....but I am soo happy my rig is ALL BLACK now!

* Courtesy of Radtech Sleevz made from Optex. Pricey but lovely.

EFN-iModTomahawkSideView.jpg

EFN-iModTomahawkSideViewSlanted.jpg

EFN-RSATomahawkFront-Attached.jpg

EFN-RSATomahawkFront-AttachedFronta.jpg

EFN-RSATomahawkRear-Attached.jpg

EFNBlackiMod02.jpg

your rig is beautiful

Apr 12, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #762 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by EFN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif
Ok now I am showing off....but I am soo happy my rig is ALL BLACK now!

* Courtesy of Radtech Sleevz made from Optex. Pricey but lovely.

EFN-RSATomahawkFront-Attached.jpg

Hey EFN. That's a pretty sharp looking sleeve. How do you like it? Is it open on both ends? Does it stay on ok? Any belt loops or anything on the back? It looks cloth-like. How's the durability? I just might have to order one of those, too. Thanks for any info.

Apr 12, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #765 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey EFN. That's a pretty sharp looking sleeve. How do you like it? Is it open on both ends? Does it stay on ok? Any belt loops or anything on the back? It looks cloth-like. How's the durability? I just might have to order one of those, too. Thanks for any info.

Yes, that sleeve is tight fitting and very snug. It has opening at the top and has small cut for the dock at the bottom. It does not have a belt loop because it was meant for low profile (not bulky) protection.

Radtech claimed this sleeve to be made of Optex, a very tough and durable fabric - more like leather to me but very soft. I aboslutely loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back