Then why not think:

iRiver H340 - $300
Optical Cable - $20 (low balling too)
Headroom MicroDAC - $300
Custom IC - $50
Larocca PRII - $500
UE 10 Pros - $950

Total : $2150

And you have to account that some people spend more the the optical and mini IC's.

You mean H140 right? H340 doesn't have optical out, only line out. No external DAC possibilities.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #482 of 1,013
Sure. =] I didn't look into specifics, I jsut remember seeing an iRiver with a MicroDAC at the NY meet. I was just generalizing.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #484 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I finally got time to go out and get my O Rings for my new 80g IPOD and Hornet, 1 3/4" seems to work well. I also picked up a new stereo mini end and some shrink tubing to shorten my SIK cable. I am not a cable craftsman, but it seems to have turned out as I expected and sounds great. Not a great looking cable but functional, taking the time to make sure the wires were clean, and the solder flowed completly.

Looks like my Hornet found a good home!
icon10.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #486 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CMasten: wth how come your Hornet has a gold knob?

My original Hornet had a silver knob. After sending it for M modding, it came back with a gold knob. My guess is the newer Hornets have gold knobs instead.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #487 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My original Hornet had a silver knob. After sending it for M modding, it came back with a gold knob. My guess is the newer Hornets have gold knobs instead.

Actually, I'm the original owner, I specifically asked for a gold knob....I liked the look of it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #488 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet this 80Gb is not the Zif type. How did you managed that ? What you did with the connectors ?

Toshiba made some IDE 1.8" 80gb hdds. But they are damned expensive!.

The MK8007GAH is just that.

Mar 6, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #490 of 1,013
kramer5150, am surprised to see the Muvo Micro/N200 as your source.

I use Muvo N200 with UM2s for jogging, and I must say it sounds fairly poor. Sound signature feels distant, like you are not there with the artist, no warmth to it at all. Even cnet complained about SQ with N200.

The reason I still have it, is that it is the ease of use. AAA rechargables, and it comes with a belt clip
cool.gif
UM2's cord is not long enough to have the player dangle in the pant pocket.

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #491 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CMasten: wth how come your Hornet has a gold knob?

Cause that is the way that nickknutson ordered it
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #492 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use Muvo N200 with UM2s for jogging, and I must say it sounds fairly poor. Sound signature feels distant, like you are not there with the artist, no warmth to it at all. Even cnet complained about SQ with N200.

The reason I still have it, is that it is the ease of use. AAA rechargables, and it comes with a belt clip
cool.gif

it's actually a muvo v100. i say the quality is pretty good for anything other than analytical listening... but i have to admit i use the custom EQ a lot
biggrin.gif

and i only use it with marshmallows or ksc75's. portability for me means being able to throw it in my bag/pocket in under 5 seconds and still have all my gear protected

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #494 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

cool.gif

Yeah' I'll be the first one to highlight its sonic flaws... But, its all I have at the moment, as far as MP3 sources go. I'm thinking about getting a cowon D2 though, but I have to get my Entech DAC repaired first. I don't think it sounds all together terrible/unlistenable for the money with an amp... But then again I'm not listening critically when I am at work or out & about.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #495 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ACTUAL SIZE!

Wow, you have big ears, if you can cram those plugs I see on my home theatre screen in your ears. Real size 2 feet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back