Pictures of Your Portable Rig Part VII
Mar 6, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #496 of 1,013
You have to rememebr the resolution of his monitor and size of it too. With a 19" lcd at 1280x1024, that mp3 player is huge, lol.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #497 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to rememebr the resolution of his monitor and size of it too. With a 19" lcd at 1280x1024, that mp3 player is huge, lol.

I know, that's what I meant
wink.gif
. He didn't realize everybody's resolution and screen size is different
tongue.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #498 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by t10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kramer5150, am surprised to see the Muvo Micro/N200 as your source.

I use Muvo N200 with UM2s for jogging, and I must say it sounds fairly poor. Sound signature feels distant, like you are not there with the artist, no warmth to it at all. Even cnet complained about SQ with N200.

The reason I still have it, is that it is the ease of use. AAA rechargables, and it comes with a belt clip
cool.gif
UM2's cord is not long enough to have the player dangle in the pant pocket.

I have also come to the conclusion that I really don't need the best of everything to really enjoy my music, groove to the tunes, and ... smile.

I have no desire anymore to endlessly chaise down equipment in (what I perceive to be) the endless pursuit of that last 5-10%. It is a very happy state of mind to be in, because for the first time, I am really enjoying the tunes.

For those times when I really do want to hear that last 10%, then I have my D335, which IMHO sounds sonically better than any DAP that I have heard with my Grados.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #500 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have also come to the conclusion that I really don't need the best of everything to really enjoy my music, groove to the tunes, and ... smile.

Right on...

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #501 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Man, that's what I say too. Makes me feel a whole lot better about not having the cash to spend on the best of everything!!!
wink.gif

"But if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. Do do do do do do do do."

In all seriousness, I also get quite a bit of enjoyment out of my current rig, even though I know that there is much better sound out there. What I've got now has not only substantially increased the time I spend listening to music, but also the variety of music I listen to. Certainly, this place has opened my ears to tons of great music for headphones that I'd never heard before.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:52 PM Post #505 of 1,013
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, that's what I say too. Makes me feel a whole lot better about not having the cash to spend on the best of everything!!!
wink.gif

"But if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with. Do do do do do do do do."

In all seriousness, I also get quite a bit of enjoyment out of my current rig, even though I know that there is much better sound out there. What I've got now has not only substantially increased the time I spend listening to music, but also the variety of music I listen to. Certainly, this place has opened my ears to tons of great music for headphones that I'd never heard before.

Some of us prefer to get as close to the best that you can now, and then sit back and enjoy it. Chances are it will take a while for the cutting edge to become obsolete.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #507 of 1,013
iAudio X5L 30GB (heavily hacked original firmware, dual booting Rockbox), zCover > DIY interconnect (Neutrik, Cordial) > PA2V2 > DT770/80 (with Neutrik angled plug):

P3081228-640.jpg

Samsung YP-U1 2GB (Korean firmware) > V-Moda Vibe (with heatshrink "mod" to prevent cable troubles):

P3081235-640.jpg

Clié TH55 (1GB MemStick Pro, AeroPlayer with custom GUI) > CX300 with UE fittings:

P3081238-640.jpg

DS Lite (M3 Perfect, 2GB MicroSD, Moonshell) > UE Super.Fi 5 EB:

P3081231-640.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back