Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Oct 22, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #242 of 866
attachment.php

attachment.php

My first "rig": Its the iRiver U10 1gig with 10$ sonys. the U10 has a silicon skin attached.

Oct 22, 2006 at 10:25 AM Post #245 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie
you can look up the nokia n91

Yes there is a Nokia N91 and Samsung announced a 8GB HDD based smartphone but I could not remember the model.

I had a chance to compare Nokia N91 with my MPX220 (a friend of mine owns it). We have loaded each phone with the same mp3's and used the same headphone for the test. Surprisingly MPX220 kicked the butt of N91. I really dont understand how a very well known mobile phone brand like Nokia produced such a phone. It was launched as musicphone. It is heavier and larger, has 3.5mm stereo jack connection but sound quality is too bad for my tastes. It sells 3 times more than MPX220 in my country as well. So my advice is dont ever think of N91 as a musicphhone.

Oct 22, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #247 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
Yes there is a Nokia N91 and Samsung announced a 8GB HDD based smartphone but I could not remember the model.

I had a chance to compare Nokia N91 with my MPX220 (a friend of mine owns it). We have loaded each phone with the same mp3's and used the same headphone for the test. Surprisingly MPX220 kicked the butt of N91. I really dont understand how a very well known mobile phone brand like Nokia produced such a phone. It was launched as musicphone. It is heavier and larger, has 3.5mm stereo jack connection but sound quality is too bad for my tastes. It sells 3 times more than MPX220 in my country as well. So my advice is dont ever think of N91 as a musicphhone.

Well... it's Nokia, and thus a brand... but money talks: http://jimmyauw.com/?p=21

Oct 23, 2006 at 12:11 AM Post #248 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by *645-k701
EFN, 'Black, and Maddog.

All Very nice set-up's...... jealous...

I want, i want.

Nah! you can get yourself some All Black rig anytime.....if pocket allows
blink.gif
biggrin.gif

You may want to try this combo, iPod Nano 8GB Black + Ray Samuels "The Hornet" anodized black + Black ALO Silk Dock + AKGK81 DJ or Shure E4 Pro Black - FOOO!!! SEXY!!!
blink.gif
rs1smile.gif

Oct 23, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #250 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by awptickes
I did that with my Sony Ericsson P800 for a while, then I got too pissed off about how the headphone plug I was using kept breaking. heh. It's a great idea to use a phone as a portable media rig, cuts down on the bulk quite a bit.

Now if only someone would release a hard drive based media player phone cyborg.....

Apple iPhone
ETA: soon!

Oct 23, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #251 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy
Apple iPhone
ETA: soon!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Just like the supposed Apple iTablet? And how the Newton was supposed to come back?

Gotta <3 all of the Apple rumors. They give me something to read while at work.

Oct 23, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #252 of 866
Milkpowder, I am doing the same as you. I purchased a gun case because it fit the needs for what I am putting into it. I just haven't figured out how I am going to configure all my components yet. It is the best thing for traveling, but I have a feeling that getting it thru security at an airport might prove difficult (IMPOSSIBLE). Anyone who has a lot of stuff should get a case like yours or mine and store everything in it to protect their investments. There is a company out there called ???. I forget their name. I'll look tonite. They have a website where all they do is build metal cases for everything from glasses to concert speakers. You can find a case or cases to match your exact specs and buy one. I ordered mine with plain black foam so I could cut out the holes I needed for my cellphone, camera and audio gear in one briefcase. The case I purchased was advertised as a case to hold 2 high caliber pistols. They come with a combo lock and key. They come in all types of finishes and they were pretty cheap. Mine was like $45 for a 14x16x4 case with special inserts.

I recommend it for anyone who has multiple amps or DAPs. Or buy two cases 1 for amps and 1 for daps and maybe a 3rd for headphones. I'll post the website tonite or tomorrow for everyone to check out and a picture of my case.

Oct 23, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #253 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49
Looks like an I-tank?? check-out www.yotank.com

My question is that ilounge said that the headphone port was too small to accomodate anything but stock pack-ins. Have they modified this? Thats not that important as I plan to use with Cryo dock any problems with that fitting?

Well, I just received my 30gb YoTank today and I can confirm that the TURBODOCK II does NOT fit with this case. Neither do the E500's, the UM2's, Super.fi 5's, or the Super.fi 5EB's. CRAP! I'm going to contact YoTank to see if they can customize my case a bit to allow for these connections.

Oct 23, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #254 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldspice
Well, I just received my 30gb YoTank today and I can confirm that the TURBODOCK II does NOT fit with this case. Neither do the E500's, the UM2's, Super.fi 5's, or the Super.fi 5EB's. CRAP! I'm going to contact YoTank to see if they can customize my case a bit to allow for these connections.

I have the 60GB iTank and all of those things fit. HOWEVER, I did have to make a slight mod. I took out the felt lining at the bottom of the case and replaced it with a sheet of paper. Voila - everything fit.

The iTank Nano, however, was completely useless without my making some cuts to the metal.

Oct 23, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #255 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I have the 60GB iTank and all of those things fit. HOWEVER, I did have to make a slight mod. I took out the felt lining at the bottom of the case and replaced it with a sheet of paper. Voila - everything fit.

The iTank Nano, however, was completely useless without my making some cuts to the metal.

That's interesting. Perhaps the specs for the 60gb are slightly different than the 30gb? I emailed them today to see if we could work something out; if not, it's going back, which is unfortunate since it really is a nice case.

Oh, and taking the padding out didn't do the trick; the cut-outs are physically too small for any of my IEMs or the Turbodock II (which I believe is very similar in shape and nice to the dock connectors used on the Cryo Docks).

Time will tell. Hopefull we'll work something out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back