Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Oct 28, 2006 at 7:21 PM Post #273 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce
Vinnie says he won't iMod the other iPods because the DAC isn't as good, but I heard it was because there's not enough space for the mod in the enclosure.

yup. That's what I heard too...

Oct 28, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #274 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by steaxauce
Vinnie says he won't iMod the other iPods because the DAC isn't as good, but I heard it was because there's not enough space for the mod in the enclosure.

I've heard that the prevous versions (1-3) dac is not good. The 5th gen is just as good, but to small to do anything.

Oct 28, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #275 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I've heard that the prevous versions (1-3) dac is not good. The 5th gen is just as good, but to small to do anything.

That's it. But whatever we heard, it must be speculation because it's not what Vinnie's saying.

Oct 28, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #276 of 866
Here's what Vinnie has said about the issue:

"I will not be offering the iMod for the other models. One of the main reasons is that they are even more of a pain in the @ss to mod than the 4th gen units. Too time consuming and the price would be a lot more expensive to do."

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...7833#msg287833

It seems the reason he doesn't do it for the 5th generation is mostly because of the labor rather than an inferior DAC.

Oct 28, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #277 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtevol1
Here's what Vinnie has said about the issue:

"I will not be offering the iMod for the other models. One of the main reasons is that they are even more of a pain in the @ss to mod than the 4th gen units. Too time consuming and the price would be a lot more expensive to do."

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...7833#msg287833

It seems the reason he doesn't do it for the 5th generation is mostly because of the labor rather than an inferior DAC.

Does that mean for the RIGHT amount of money he will do a 5.5 for me????

Hey Viinne how about an extra $50.00?

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:51 AM Post #280 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
My first rig

weight lifting style

Shure E4Pro used with PA2v2
(the Sony HiMD player lacks sufficient power)

In the bag

That's one wickedly neat setup
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #282 of 866

Yes is does look ridiculous...8)

Oakley sunglass bag, with hole cut into front.
sony A3000,GV5,6€ mini-mini cord.

I wear it as a backpack sometimes

(((*** sorry for the 2x,s spam post..)))

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #284 of 866
appart from being a newbeh, this is my 1st set up, within a month. on a limited budget. 325€'

I will be getting hornet m, hopefully sam will not have to many orders..8p
And will be searching the trade ssection in hear for some nice sources and cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back