Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Dec 18, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #601 of 866
nice setup there! very similar to mine! this is the first time i've seen the ACS T2.. it looks almost identical to the UE-10.

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #602 of 866
I use a red velcro strap like that on my iPod/Hornet, with CryoDoc + UE-10pros. I was using a silicone case for the iPod, but found it was too hard to put in and out of a jacket pocket while traveling. I use a leather case now. Wondering how different a right angle plug would be, although I guess unless I got a longer cryodoc, the Hornet would still be upside down, with the Cryodoc wires protruding. I have seen some right angle iPod plugs on the boards too, I am waiting on the one that has a right angle in line with the iPod, to head up along the iPod body, to end in a right angle mini to the Hornet with the Volume knob at the top of the iPod. Coming I am sure. Current right angle iPod plugs exit to the back of the iPod, not the side as I would prefer.

Dec 18, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #603 of 866
it will probably feel very different though, its a bit squishy. not soft, ilke the consistency of a very hard gummy bear.
too bad they dont have as much color options as UE, i rather liked the titanium finish on the monkey's and the dark red on the ue 10s. clear is the only translucent option, and i want to be able to see the dirt i have to dig out of the canals.
doesnt matter when theyre in your ears anyway
wink.gif

just waiting for xin to finish my amp...*sigh*

Dec 18, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #604 of 866
Thanks to Jude's inspiration, I now have an iMojo. Great fit with the GoVibe and Xenos 0HA. OK fit with the Practical Devices XM4. The LDM+ and RSA Hornet are too small to be used with it.

But this is just awesome:

imojo.jpg

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #605 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to Jude's inspiration, I now have an iMojo. Great fit with the GoVibe and Xenos 0HA. OK fit with the Practical Devices XM4. The LDM+ and RSA Hornet are too small to be used with it.

But this is just awesome....

It arrived already? That was quick, man.

I'm assuming you received the two-pack? (I'm not certain, but I don't think you can order only one nano Sweat.) I use the second one as my wristband case when I need to get along with just the nano directly driving the headphones.

Very nice little setup there, too, Skylab.

Dec 18, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #606 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It arrived already? That was quick, man.

I'm assuming you received the two-pack? (I'm not certain, but I don't think you can order only one nano Sweat.) I use the second one as my wristband case when I need to get along with just the nano directly driving the headphones.

Very nice little setup there, too, Skylab.

Yeah, amazing, they mailed it Saturday, here on Monday! Very cool. And yes, I got the "mandatory" 2-pack - quite the bargain, really. Perfect little alternative to the my much larger/heavier he-man portable rig of the 80GB iPod in iTank with a Larocco PRII...

Thanks again Jude!

Dec 19, 2006 at 1:32 AM Post #607 of 866
I've been looking in these threads for too long, I have to post my rig
biggrin.gif

img2049ah5.jpg

No amp for me, I want to preserve portability
Cowon iAudio X5 20Gb, FLAC & Ogg q8
The IEMs are Earsonics em2 ifi, I might be the only one here to have Earsonics phones
tongue.gif
(and that's a shame, they sound soooo good^^)

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #609 of 866
Skylab;2566238 said:

But this is just awesome:

God thats nice, i dont like ipods...but dam thats segzy

Dec 19, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #610 of 866
My personal rig......
iPod 5G (30G)>ALO Custom cable>Portaphile V2 (maxxed)>Senn HD25-1 with BlueDragon

This cable was made for Mr. Ken of ALO from custom-designed.
(Signai:6 Jena Wire 22 gage,Ground:3 Solid Silver 22 gage)

It is very beautifully finished.
The sound is very elegant compared with The Silk Dock.
A three-dimensional expression of the sound is a wonderful cable.

Thank you for Ken san
600smile.gif

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:06 PM Post #611 of 866
No offense, but why would you want a LOD that big in a PORTABLE rig?
confused.gif

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #612 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No offense, but why would you want a LOD that big in a PORTABLE rig?
confused.gif

Probably uses it for portable and home. Not everyone can afford two expensive cables.

Just a guess.

Dec 19, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #613 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably uses it for portable and home. Not everyone can afford two expensive cables.

Just a guess.

It is so.
biggrin.gif

This cable is mainly used at home.
The Silk Dock is used in portable.

I was going to make it a little more short at first.
However,because the cable is thick,it made it longer than usual.

Dec 19, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #614 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My personal rig......
iPod 5G (30G)>ALO Custom cable>Portaphile V2 (maxxed)>Senn HD25-1 with BlueDragon

This cable was made for Mr. Ken of ALO from custom-designed.
(Signai:6 Jena Wire 22 gage,Ground:3 Solid Silver 22 gage)

It is very beautifully finished.
The sound is very elegant compared with The Silk Dock.
A three-dimensional expression of the sound is a wonderful cable.

Thank you for Ken san
600smile.gif

That is one sweet looking cable. It looks like the new Salt n' Pepper Multi Array.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back