Pictures of your portable rig- Part VI
Dec 13, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #543 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Binaural Fusion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took these last night- my "to, from, and work rig"
P1060207post.jpg

I see those foam inserts all over ebay and such. How do they perform? Better then the foams? I like the foams best on my shures, the silicon ones seem to give me a sweaty type feeling after a hour or so of use.

Is it even foam? Looks like rubber with a vinyl like coating =)

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:55 AM Post #544 of 866
My humble 30Gig, ampless set-up.
I think I prefer the iGrados for general pottering about (still not sure if I can tolerate that isolated, heavily micrphonic feeling of IEMs) but have yet to wear them in public...I fear folk may laugh that I'm getting too old
tongue.gif

I bought the 30Gig because, after all , it's a portable thing. If I had 80 or 160 even, I'd still fill it then be sat there fiddling with iTunes deciding which album goes bye-bye when I want to add another. Plus a lot of that cash spent could be on extra discs.
469626721510ff7ef30b98cb61845282ff682d8465399c96615ef7fe.jpg

21923470da231a3880d1cf25f14f75424981d1a6f82f65b3d12e3619.jpg

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #545 of 866
... Hey Everyone ... Where are you all getting your headphone amps from !? ... Many of them look simply awesome and I'm looking for something just like that ... What are some suggestions for great portable headphone amps; where do you get them; and how much should I expect to spend on one ? ... I can wait to use one with my portable CD player's line-out !! ... {^..^} ... Thanks Everyone !!

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #546 of 866
@BlazingArrow74

Awesome avatar - I love Night Streets on that album!

Dec 13, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #547 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlazingArrow74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Hey Everyone ... Where are you all getting your headphone amps from !? ... Many of them look simply awesome and I'm looking for something just like that ... What are some suggestions for great portable headphone amps; where do you get them; and how much should I expect to spend on one ? ... I can wait to use one with my portable CD player's line-out !! ... {^..^} ... Thanks Everyone !!

I got my Go-Vibe for 40$ shipped off a fellow head-fi member. In fact, all my gear is from fellow head-fi members =)

Dec 13, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #548 of 866
Quote:

Start here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #549 of 866
Quote:

have a look in the amps forum, you have just opened an enormous can of worms...

oh and just in case no one has said it yet, sorry about your wallet dude....

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #550 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by phosfiend /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kilobuck

Lol. No, I keep 1.7 gigabucks in my pocket. You never know when you're going to need 1 700 000 000 in loonies.

Alas- I did mean kilo, or 1.7 x10^17 picocents. Whichever is easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see those foam inserts all over ebay and such. How do they perform? Better then the foams? I like the foams best on my shures, the silicon ones seem to give me a sweaty type feeling after a hour or so of use.

Is it even foam? Looks like rubber with a vinyl like coating =)

I really like them- it was my first time getting them so I got the 2 kinds the guy had. The ones in the pic are the softer ones which I don't like as much as the firmer ones he makes. They are both foam but the ones in the pic have a shiny outer layer while the firmer ones do not. I find them much much more comfortable than the Shure foamies or any of their flanges. They isolate better and last longer than Shure foamies and are less scratchy. The one caveat is that they take longer to expand to fill your ear (cause they have smaller cells than the Shure foamies- ESPECIALLY the softer ones) so they are a bit of a pain to take in and out, but that's just something that foamie users have to live with. They also don't have a plastic tube in the middle so they're more comfortable to lie down with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmckay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice rig Mr. Fusion my fellow Ottawan

Where did you get those foamies?

It's nice to see someone in Ottawa has good headphones- I feel so alone in the headphone world when all I see are iBuds and Rat Shack cans.

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #551 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnywolfet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have a look in the amps forum, you have just opened an enormous can of worms...

oh and just in case no one has said it yet, sorry about your wallet dude....

HAHA sooo true...after i joined here ive spent about 500$ Give or take. The stink of it all is, now, i want better =)

Dec 14, 2006 at 12:18 AM Post #553 of 866
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fungi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a 13 hour flight coming up, and 4GB Zen V, I choose you!
etysmile.gif

Let me know if they give you any trouble with your amp and such. I was thinking to just pack it in my laptop bag along with my cans. Im almost scared to bring it with me.

Dec 15, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #555 of 866
The new rig. Clix 4GB + ER4P w/ Shure yellows. Sexi-with-an-i for the Clix. Black is in, baby.

P1010104.jpg

P1010114.jpg

P1010111-1.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010108.jpg

You can tell that I've been fondling Celaena (yes, I name my DAP's. And my computers.) a lot by the fingerprints on her.

EDIT: For those of you who took Microeconomics with Professor Gateman at UBC, that's the new Micromanual in the background, replete with red hot chili peppers. His terminology, not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back